Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-07-2024, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermo View Post
They report more energy and better performance in the bedroom. I am not among them. Yet, anyway.
I don't get it..... My spin bike works the same in the exercise room, as it does when I'm pumping it mercilessly in the bedroom. I sweat the same.
Old 03-07-2024, 08:40 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgolvin View Post
Do the improvements persist when they move their trainer from the bedroom to another room? (sorry)
Oh my. You win the day.
Old 03-07-2024, 09:09 PM

Probably all on hookless, got the news from the internet about the danger mid race and bailed before a blowout
Old 03-07-2024, 09:18 PM
Meh

FWIW the cancer risk with HGH and testosterone “replacement” therapies is no joke. Most of the doctors in this space are quacks.
Old 03-07-2024, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicycletricycle View Post
Probably all on hookless, got the news from the internet about the danger mid race and bailed before a blowout
Outstanding cross-thread reference for the win! This is the funniest thread in years. Thanks for the laughs, Paceline

Greg
Old 03-08-2024, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgolvin View Post
Do the improvements persist when they move their trainer from the bedroom to another room? (sorry)
This is definitely the content that I come here to read in the morning.

The Icarus documentary on Netflix is a wild little look into amateur doping in bike racing (at least for the first quarter of the movie). Highly recommend watching if you haven't.
Old 03-08-2024, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdw View Post
Meh. All the riders who chose steak instead of chicken at the pre-race banquet bailed to avoid the drug test.....smart move after Contrador's experience.
That Spanish steak is pretty extreme - must be the grass fertilizer.
Old 03-08-2024, 08:01 AM

I was racing Master's Nationals in 2011, raced the TT, the time was what I expected, the placing was below what it should have been for the time. A few days later, it's the RR. USADA is at the RR doing testing, the field experienced an unexpectedly large number of DNS. I knew then why my placing in the TT was odd. This was the old guys, we're racing for a shirt, bragging rights, and free race entries for a year.
Old 03-08-2024, 08:35 AM
Randomhead

One of Dylan Johnson's recent videos talks about how he rode significantly faster last year and got the same placing as in 2022, mid-teens in most all his races. I wouldn't speculate that other people were doping in a video either. They are surely also just "training better."
Old 03-08-2024, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB View Post
FWIW the cancer risk with HGH and testosterone “replacement” therapies is no joke. Most of the doctors in this space are quacks.
Yep, we have friends whose Dad's fell for this and had strokes or cardiac issues while on TRT.

Definitely not worth it to win basically nothing at an amateur race.
Old 03-08-2024, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandem Rider View Post
I was racing Master's Nationals in 2011, raced the TT, the time was what I expected, the placing was below what it should have been for the time. A few days later, it's the RR. USADA is at the RR doing testing, the field experienced an unexpectedly large number of DNS. I knew then why my placing in the TT was odd. This was the old guys, we're racing for a shirt, bragging rights, and free race entries for a year.
As a fellow masters racer, I feel comfortable stating that some of our competitors have very fragile egos AND deeper pockets. It's a combination tailor-made for doping. I've seen similar situations at the local/regional level. Since integrity and good health mean more to me than medals and T-shirts, I'll continue doping with beer, wine and coffee.

Greg
Old 03-08-2024, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB View Post
Not to mention shrunken testicles and likely inability to ever go off the TRT (testicles stop producing T when it's injected regularly, and often they won't "restart")