Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-20-2024, 01:12 AM

Ha! The Collective is infiltrating us! Welcome!
Old 02-20-2024, 04:28 PM

I'm looking at my SRAM bike and my Shimano bike. It's pretty clear that the problem in fitting 30s on the Logic is the shape of my Shimano brake calipers, not the frame. the SRAM caliper has more lateral clearance. It's a valuable lesson and I would not have learned it without this thread. Thank you.
Old 02-20-2024, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Appa View Post
This write-up you did years ago is what made me want a road logic, and one I reference often...and what made me try and figure out the max size of tire I can squeeze in this frame!
Hope it's been a happy journey! I think they ride really beautifully with a bigger volume tyre.

Thanks all for the kind welcome – I've had an account for years for trying to track down interesting frames, but never posted until now. With a topic like this, how could I not!
Old 02-20-2024, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaint View Post
Another data point to add: I've got a 2018 Heritage Edition rim brake (same frameset and clearances as the current model), which I've used with anything from 27mm up to 32mm tyres
Yes as other have said thanks for the article that was a nice build

I have always considered trying one & I am coming up on time for a new build. After six years on Alloy I might go back to steel & specifically steel like this Ritchey. Not the newer oversized steel/Spirit tubing. I want something similar to steel like we use to ride with SL frames & I think this is the closest to those.

To be honest I always wonder why there are not so many more that ride these given the price is good, the build looks great, threaded BB, room for tires...
Really has me wondering at times
Old 02-21-2024, 01:36 AM

Here’s another very happy swisscross and Outback breakaway owner due to the raving reviews from the guys at tips/collective so big thanks for the inspiration and brilliant reviews
Old 04-01-2024, 06:06 PM

bumping this up for the rim brake road bike post that will take 30mm tires with regular callipers