Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-18-2019, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blantonator View Post
Zinsser Bin + Benjamin Moore Advanced. I'd suggest spraying if you can.
I got a small sample of the Benjamin Moore Advanced. It did not flow as nicely as the Behr. I was told by the Benjamin Moore person that its best to use the Advance with a sprayer.
Old 01-19-2019, 06:26 AM

Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
There is a difference in the smell of the oil base spray primer compared to the oil enhanced water base paint, Behr alkyd. After spraying the doors and drawers with the Kilz oil base primer I moved them into our sun room. The smell is very strong. After applying the water base Behr I set the doors and drawers in out dinning room, smell is very tolerable and only lasts for a couple of hours.
So you are using behr WATERBOURN alkyd. I hear good reports on that. In addition to quality brushes be sure to use woven mini rollers. The purple one at Home Depot works nicely. When finished with the roller store it in the paint vs washing it. Keeps it soft.
Old 01-19-2019, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
I got a small sample of the Benjamin Moore Advanced. It did not flow as nicely as the Behr. I was told by the Benjamin Moore person that its best to use the Advance with a sprayer.
Consumer Reports rated the Behr substantially higher than BM for kitchen paint in Jan 2019. I'm in the middle of futzing with this stuff myself and happened to have some of these reviews, etc.