Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-13-2020, 04:20 PM
#RYFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routewerks View Post
You can put anything you want on top with a stick on garmin mount. A couple different companies make them. That is how we are providing a phone mount.
Nice design, keeping an eye on this. For those who prefer Wahoo to Garmin, would that just require a different stick-on mount? I understand it's easy to modify Garmin mounts to accept Wahoo but it would be nice to support the other mount(s) directly.

Best of luck.
Old 08-13-2020, 04:25 PM
Vendor

We have a mounting place for handlebar mounted accessories on the bag. It may work with your light. The bag has a 5mm threaded hold on both sides and will come with a small handlebar sized stub that can be mounted on to one of these holes. Bells and other accessories can also be mounted. The major limiting factor here is handlebar width. When you add accessories onto the sides of the the bag it gets wider and may interfere with levers/shifters.

You can see a light mounted onto the bag in the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiamme red View Post
Looks very nice. Unfortunately, I don't think this will work with the Cygolite Expilion that I have mounted on my handlebars.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Routewerks light mount.jpg (16.7 KB, 258 views)
Old 08-13-2020, 04:35 PM
Vendor

The cavity on the top of the bag will take wahoo/garmin/omata mounts. It may take more as well. The cavity on the top of the bag roughly replicates the cavity in semi universal out front computer mounting accessories (K-edge, etc.). This will allow you to mount a wide range of computers to the lid. As far as mounting phones go, as far as we can tell only Garmin style stick on mounts are available for converting other objects into bayonet mount accessories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgolvin View Post
Nice design, keeping an eye on this. For those who prefer Wahoo to Garmin, would that just require a different stick-on mount? I understand it's easy to modify Garmin mounts to accept Wahoo but it would be nice to support the other mount(s) directly.

Best of luck.
Old 08-13-2020, 04:39 PM
ZhugeLiang

Is it rated for "gravel" or adventure-type riding?
Old 08-13-2020, 04:42 PM

Quote:
We have a mounting place for handlebar mounted accessories on the bag. It may work with your light. The bag has a 5mm threaded hold on both sides and will come with a small handlebar sized stub that can be mounted on to one of these holes. Bells and other accessories can also be mounted. The major limiting factor here is handlebar width. When you add accessories onto the sides of the the bag it gets wider and may interfere with levers/shifters.

You can see a light mounted onto the bag in the picture.
How wide will the bag+nob/stub be?

Last edited by Waldo62; 08-13-2020 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-13-2020, 04:48 PM

ooooh, this is cool. the only thing i might add is a gopro base facing forward. all manner of adapters are already out there that can take lights or cameras and the lightweight base itself is all you'd need.

is the lid removable to use in 'basket' mode?
Old 08-13-2020, 04:48 PM
Vendor

We are currently working on recommended use cases. Our goals for the bag have been both road and gravel use. Gravel riding is a pretty broad term right now so we need to take some time to develop a clear statement on what our recommended uses are.

We have been testing the bag on a variety of terrains and so far it has performed great on gravel style bikes/rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weisan View Post
Is it rated for "gravel" or adventure-type riding?
Old 08-13-2020, 04:49 PM

Thanks for the response regarding the clamping. Since you mentioned that it is smaller then the Swift Paloma, can you let us know the rough dimensions and volume?

Also, what colorways do you anticipate offering?
Old 08-13-2020, 04:53 PM
Vendor

we had though about a gopro mount but we decided to leave a specific gopro solution off. The whole top of the bag is rigid plastic so it might be possible to attach a gopro some place on there. We also have an M5 threaded hole on each side that might help.

The lid can be removed, the whole bag is rebuildable with common wrenches. We are palnnign on offering replacment parts including softgoods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vqdriver View Post
ooooh, this is cool. the only thing i might add is a gopro base facing forward. all manner of adapters are already out there that can take lights or cameras and the lightweight base itself is all you'd need.

is the lid removable to use in 'basket' mode?

Last edited by Routewerks; 08-13-2020 at 05:01 PM.
Old 08-13-2020, 04:57 PM

It is great that you are considering the possible use cases. Gravel can mean vastly different things in different parts of the country. Here in southern AZ that could be 10 miles of jarring downhill washboard with some rocks thrown in--that will make it hard to have much weight in bag held to the bars only with clamps. However, I'd still buy this for road/light offroad use--a place for your phone, jacket, hat and a sandwich is all most people need. There is a big market for a bag like this IMO. Love the accessory/light mount options you are showing.

Quote:
We are currently working on recommended use cases. Our goals for the bag have been both road and gravel use. Gravel riding is a pretty broad term right now so we need to take some time to develop a clear statement on what our recommended uses are.

We have been testing the bag on a variety of terrains and so far it has performed great on gravel style bikes/rides.
Old 08-13-2020, 04:58 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmtong View Post
Lots of potential here - since round bars only how far from center line of stem is the left and the right clamp?
the mounts have 50 millimeters in between them
Old 08-13-2020, 05:02 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo62 View Post
How wide will the bag+the nob/stub be?
The bag is about 235 millimeters wide, the handlebar stub adds another 30 millimeters to one side.
Old 08-13-2020, 05:13 PM
Vendor

Rough dimensions of the inside are 8.25" x 4.25" x 6" with a small extra compartment under the lid (about the size of a pencil case) and two small side pockets that expand a little, they can fit multi tool/clifbar size objects. The main compartment can be easily accessed while riding which is really nice. I attached a photo that might help you visualize the dimensions a bit.

Out initial offering will be 2 colors. Olive drab and Black. Each will have some small color accents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bici-Sonora View Post
Thanks for the response regarding the clamping. Since you mentioned that it is smaller then the Swift Paloma, can you let us know the rough dimensions and volume?

Also, what colorways do you anticipate offering?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg routewerks contents.jpg (29.3 KB, 198 views)
Old 08-13-2020, 05:14 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpw View Post
Bag weight?
I weighed our current prototype, it is about 700 grams. The final production version should be relatively close to that.
Old 08-13-2020, 07:59 PM
quadropheniac

Very clever.