Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-25-2020, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colker View Post
Your bike looks too small to me. You could ride at least one size bigger.
You should not feel any pain or numbness. Your hands should be resting but not carrying body weight to the bars. Those can be low or high, narrow or wide as long as it is not forcing your upper weight to adapt: it´s as if bar is where your hands naturally fell.
If you can´t sort bike fit on your own by all means get your self fit by someone else. Pain is more expensive than anything you pay.
I will post a pic of me on it for reference tonight. Hmm you think? It is a 58 and I i was able to semi comfortably ride my dads 56cm Cilo for 16 miles prior to getting this bike. It could have something to do with the fact that my arms are not proportional to my body with my wingspan only 6’ at a height of 6’2. Im going utilize the information you shared and my dads expertise of riding for 10+ years to assist me on getting a proper fit but if I still have issues I will definitely get a Retül.
Old 07-25-2020, 08:32 AM

I don’t think your bike looks too small. I’m your height and ride a 58. Over the years I’ve gone from a 120 to 110. There’s a lot of fit considerations. I don’t know that you need a retul, but a good bike fit by an experienced fitter could help.