Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-09-2020, 08:15 PM
n - 1

Someone rear end me so I can get a new bike and an NV2.0
Old 09-09-2020, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
One thing i do find a little funny/impractical is that all of these racks are made to look rather "stealth" with dark colors or even matte black - i'd rather the rack stick out visually - less chance of getting rear ended that way. i already added a band of reflective tape to mine for better night stick outability.
The 1Up was originally only available in silver (and still is)—black was added as an option, and at an upcharge. As you know from the thread about clothing, all you need is a blinky light—dark colors don’t matter...
Old 09-09-2020, 08:48 PM
v a n i l l a

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
One thing i do find a little funny/impractical is that all of these racks are made to look rather "stealth" with dark colors or even matte black - i'd rather the rack stick out visually - less chance of getting rear ended that way. i already added a band of reflective tape to mine for better night stick outability.
I doubt the person who is about to rear end you is going to manage to stop prior to the additional 12" the rack sticks out. if that was the case, whouldnt we all drive the shortest length vehicle possible?

IN fact, be glad the rack is there. I know people who have been rear ended with a rack on the back - the rack bent, but the offending driver's front end is demolished.
Old 09-09-2020, 08:50 PM
v a n i l l a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
Am I the only one on here who likes to put his rack away in garage corner when not in use? Not take up much space? That's a big deal to me....and I have a well organized 3 car garage. Racks that fold up to small packages go to the top of my list.
I put my Thule T2 against the back wall standing on the non-insertion end. I don't use it enough to leave it on the vehicle.
Old 09-09-2020, 08:51 PM

I've used the Kuat, solid rack. The Kuat NV comes in a 2 bike hitch carrier with the option of a 2 bike add-on. If you need a 4 bike carrier, the Kuat combo will push close to $1k.

I need a 4 bike carrier, but not all the time. The only 2 on the market that are modular, allowing relatively quick configuration changes are the 1up and the newer Quik Rack Mach 2.

Ordered the 1up yesterday in silver, 2 bike hitch carrier with 2 add-ons. Total $1007 before tax.
Old 09-09-2020, 09:38 PM
SageOfMilwaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
I've used the Kuat, solid rack. The Kuat NV comes in a 2 bike hitch carrier with the option of a 2 bike add-on. If you need a 4 bike carrier, the Kuat combo will push close to $1k.

I need a 4 bike carrier, but not all the time. The only 2 on the market that are modular, allowing relatively quick configuration changes are the 1up and the newer Quik Rack Mach 2.

Ordered the 1up yesterday in silver, 2 bike hitch carrier with 2 add-ons. Total $1007 before tax.
Last rack you'll ever buy.
Old 09-09-2020, 09:38 PM
Administrator

As always, you guys are a great source of info. That’s a great idea about adding reflective tape.
Old 09-09-2020, 11:37 PM
I need you cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith A View Post
As always, you guys are a great source of info. That’s a great idea about adding reflective tape.
I've been thinking of how to wire some trailer lights to my rack haven't figured it out yet....keep hoping for an actual engineer to figure it out.
Old 09-10-2020, 07:43 AM
n - 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
I've been thinking of how to wire some trailer lights to my rack haven't figured it out yet....keep hoping for an actual engineer to figure it out.
Should be pretty easy using a 4-pin brake light kit. Gets you turn signals as well.
Old 09-10-2020, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith A View Post
I have reflective strips I purchased at Autozone on the bottom of the trays so it faces back when the rack is folded up, and on the sides of the rear tray and work stand so it reflects when the rack is in use.