Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-21-2020, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fignon's barber View Post
Don't know about that guy, but Merlin's fantastic. Ordered Campy parts last monday, had them in my hands that wednesday with free shipping.
Looking forward to them lowering their minimum for free shipping to pre-Covid level. Great place to do business.
Old 11-22-2021, 08:19 PM

Bikeinn order

Update to the OP about Bikeinn.

Ordered nov 1st, order arrived today, the 22nd. They now offer the (very intrusive) Route App, for tracking. I passed as that app wanted access to my contacts, my email accounts and my photo’s, when i tried to opt out of those three items, wouldn’t let me complete registration. However, the caveat is that two alternate emails with “tracking” were not updated after 04 Nov, unbeknownst though, there was a spam email that had daily tracking/updates-i discovered this email on the 16th.

Now I get to build up a couple PL procured Parlee’s…..yippee!
Old 11-22-2021, 08:24 PM

I ordered a hub from them earlier in the year and it arrived without drama in a couple of weeks. Even with overseas shipping the total cost was the cheapest I could find on the same product.
Old 11-22-2021, 08:50 PM

I ordered some bibs and base layer on November 7th. I received them today via DHL. I always have it shipped DHL. I paid $35 in shipping and in total was cheaper than buying the stuff here. I have never had an issue with them.
Old 11-22-2021, 08:53 PM

I'm still waiting for my order (some elite bottles)
Estimated deliver Nov 2nd... so yeah not too jazzed
Old 11-22-2021, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosttx View Post
I ordered some bibs and base layer on November 7th. I received them today via DHL. I always have it shipped DHL. I paid $35 in shipping and in total was cheaper than buying the stuff here. I have never had an issue with them.
DHL is key. Regardless of the vendor; BikeInn, Merlin, wheel co or manufacturer direct. Spend the extra and choose DHL to avoid drama and have it within days.
Old 11-22-2021, 09:19 PM

Appreciate the feedback on using DHL, going forward, will do. Hope those cages arrive soon!
Old 11-22-2021, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJ View Post
DHL is key. Regardless of the vendor; BikeInn, Merlin, wheel co or manufacturer direct. Spend the extra and choose DHL to avoid drama and have it within days.
DHL, is better than FedEx, UPS and the rest. I love their communication. And yes it does give excellent peace of mind.
Old 08-08-2022, 12:23 AM

Just received order from BikeInn after approx 4 weeks using USPS (Rotor Aldhu 24; 46/30 round rings) - should have researched this forum first and will order again but use DHL.

Great prices and all good but USPS shipping estimate at order page was unrealistic (<10 days predicted to CA which leads to unrealistic expectations)
Old 08-08-2022, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy340 View Post
Just received order from BikeInn after approx 4 weeks using USPS (Rotor Aldhu 24; 46/30 round rings) - should have researched this forum first and will order again but use DHL.

Great prices and all good but USPS shipping estimate at order page was unrealistic (<10 days predicted to CA which leads to unrealistic expectations)
Did you have to pay any duties on the crankset? What was the total of your order?
Old 08-08-2022, 09:10 AM

No duties as was ~$411 (crank arms, bb axle and 46/30 rings) with shipping so well below $800
Old 08-08-2022, 09:57 AM

Got a set of tires from them earlier this summer; shipping was only a week or so from Spain. And cheap!
Old 08-08-2022, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosttx View Post
DHL, is better than FedEx, UPS and the rest. I love their communication. And yes it does give excellent peace of mind.
Yeah, but the key is DHL Express. I made this mistake when ordering some wheels from R2 in Germany. We opted for the free DHL option and the wheels didn't arrive for 6 months, where 2 months of that was R2 waiting on MCFK for the rims. Apparently DHL will contract out to the local carrier (USPS etc) and that's where things totally fall apart. DHL Express is totally handled internally and lighting quick, albeit for a fee.
Old 08-08-2022, 12:13 PM

My experience with any overseas company has been to pay the minor surcharge for expedited courier service (as others have mentioned, this is typically DHL). I've had some orders show up on the West Coast of the US in as little as two days, max time was 6 business days. It's usually an extra $10, and if you can get over the Amazon-induced stigma that shipping items needs to be free and they need to arrive yesterday, you'll get your parts in no time, and in good shape.

BikeInn - fine
ProBikeKit - fine
ChainReactionCycles - great
LordGun - A-OK

The only "major" parts retailer I haven't (needed to ) try so far has been CicliMatto.
Old 08-08-2022, 12:37 PM

LordGun, BikeInn = both great! I pay the extra for DHL to get it in 3-4 days from them to Michigan.

Bike24 = if I could pay for DHL I would, but once again, no complaints just takes a while sometimes!