Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight


Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Bike Fit

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-07-2018, 08:50 PM
Pschnei3 Pschnei3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 346
Bike fitting Ohio

Can anybody recommend a good bike fitter in Ohio?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-07-2018, 09:11 PM
sales guy sales guy is offline
Vendor
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,019
Where in Ohio?

I can point you towards people in a few different places.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-07-2018, 09:13 PM
Pschnei3 Pschnei3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by sales guy View Post
Where in Ohio?

I can point you towards people in a few different places.
I’m in the Cleveland area but willing to travel.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-07-2018, 09:24 PM
sales guy sales guy is offline
Vendor
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pschnei3 View Post
I’m in the Cleveland area but willing to travel.
Eddy's in Stow is good. So is Spin in Lakewood. Both are kind of stuck up(Spin more so).
If you wanted to out of CLE, In Hilliard, Cyclical Nature, Bill is excellent. Velo Science in New Albany is good too. Wheelie Fun in Powell has a DFU which are great to use. In Cinci, Element and Brent are great too. Element and Velo are kind of stuck up tho. Bill is laid back and really good.

I'd recommend me or my guys at Cyclist Connection in Canal Winchester but they haven't finished their remodel and neither have we. Everything is packed up right now.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-07-2018, 09:37 PM
Pschnei3 Pschnei3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 346
Thanks!

Have you heard of BioWheels?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-07-2018, 09:51 PM
sales guy sales guy is offline
Vendor
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pschnei3 View Post
Thanks!

Have you heard of BioWheels?
Yep. Mitch is good too. There are quite a few in Ohio.
Roll(good)
iPro in Bellbrook(excellent)
Baer Wheels(good)
Breakaway(ok)
TriTech(good)
Team(good)

There's a bunch. Some are nicer and not as stuck up as others. Some, I'd never set foot in.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-07-2018, 10:02 PM
Pschnei3 Pschnei3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 346
Thanks again.for all the info. I really appreciate it.

Please let me know when you are able to do fittings again.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-07-2018, 10:08 PM
sales guy sales guy is offline
Vendor
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pschnei3 View Post
Thanks again.for all the info. I really appreciate it.

Please let me know when you are able to do fittings again.
Sure thing.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-08-2018, 06:27 AM
clyde the point clyde the point is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Greenville SC
Posts: 542
Consider posting several pics of you riding here, along with contact point measures, and let the general populace help for free. What problems are you having? And what changes, if any, have you made in your position?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-08-2018, 12:09 PM
audiojan audiojan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Greater Pittsburgh
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde the point View Post
Consider posting several pics of you riding here, along with contact point measures, and let the general populace help for free. What problems are you having? And what changes, if any, have you made in your position?
Sometimes you get what you pay for... is it better than guessing? Yes, but since you're relying on various degrees of knowledge, you will end up with lots of bad advise and some (or little) good advise. All this is still missing the understanding of YOU, your goals, current/prior injuries/issues, distance/terrain, etc. etc. etc. Fit measurements are so much more than just physiological measurements, you need to add flexibility and core strength and that's before you compensate for what you've learned during the interview process.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-21-2018, 04:09 PM
Alan Alan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 626
One more person in Cinti

I live in Cincinnati and have worked for many years with Kathy Krumme, who is with 50 West Cycles. She taught for the Serotta fit school for many years and I think she is excellent. I have seen some of the fits done by others mentioned and I was not real impressed but Kathy is very good.

Feel free to reach out to me w questions.

Link is below:

https://fiftywestcycling.com/fitting-services/

Alan
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-02-2018, 01:48 PM
Pschnei3 Pschnei3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I live in Cincinnati and have worked for many years with Kathy Krumme, who is with 50 West Cycles. She taught for the Serotta fit school for many years and I think she is excellent. I have seen some of the fits done by others mentioned and I was not real impressed but Kathy is very good.

Feel free to reach out to me w questions.

Link is below:

https://fiftywestcycling.com/fitting-services/

Alan
Finally got around scheduling an appointment with Kathy. Thanks Alan
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-04-2018, 04:51 PM
zambenini zambenini is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by sales guy View Post
Yep. Mitch is good too. There are quite a few in Ohio.
Roll(good)
iPro in Bellbrook(excellent)
Baer Wheels(good)
Breakaway(ok)
TriTech(good)
Team(good)

There's a bunch. Some are nicer and not as stuck up as others. Some, I'd never set foot in.
Plug for i-Pro in Bellbrook. I have only ever had them re-tension wheels and such as thats all I have happened to need when visiting my mother in town there but it's a great shop and they have totally sweet parts and bikes in there. Good stuff and I would go to them for anything.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.