Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Rides, Events, Gatherings and Charity events

Old 04-27-2018, 03:56 PM
Imshi Cycles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisen View Post
how was it?
awesome! one of my favorite years, and ive done all 5.

compared to years past, the snow sections were very friendly, cyberia was much shorter and flatter than previous snow hike-a-bike's that have featured in this race. most of the last section just before the finish was also quite rideable on 37's, including the run into the finish line. maybe faster to run it (if you were racing) but i personally prefer to finish the BIKE race on my BIKE

the roads had a great variety of conditions to offer. slush, mud, snow, ice, soft, hard, fast, slow...it was a complete cross section of spring in the NEK.

its a challenging race, make no mistake about it, not a good "intro to gravel" by any means. but if you are experienced on dirt and looking for something to test your skills, its a must-experience for sure.

Last edited by eBAUMANN; 05-04-2018 at 10:35 AM.
Old 04-27-2018, 09:54 PM

Yeah, great time in VT; I've done each year too and this was the most varied. The snowy, icy sections of road were careful fun. Love that Dashney Rd climb in the end. A PBR in the woods with maple syrup chaser is a good way to celebrate spring.
Old 04-30-2018, 05:09 PM

I also think it was pretty excellent. Between the squeeze bottle I had packed in my jersey and the aid stations, I probably drank ~1/2 a pint of maple syrup.

Found a cross bike to be perfect for 90% of the course, but there was 5% you'd need a fat bike for.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:58 AM

Sounds like my kind of awful! Thinking of getting a crew together for next year. Thanks for sharing folks!