Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Custom Bikes

Old 06-29-2020, 08:26 AM

Have a Waltly too.... love it!
Old 06-29-2020, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
Thanks for sharing the entire process with us the end result looks great!

Can you go in depth why 50 emails were needed? Is it moreso Walty assuming some design choices, and you correcting them such as the internal routing issue?

Also, it seems like a lot of Walty builds have wishbone seat stays. Do they offer "normal" seat stays that join at the seat-tube/top-tube junction?
Waltly offers normal seat stays as well, i've seen a few builds with traditional seat stays. spanner.org.uk features a few builds.
The 50 e-mails back and forth were needed for clarification. First of all we spent a while discussing cranks, since i originally planned a 48/32 crankset. They asked me for chainring dimensions, which i couldnt find on the interwebs. Then we discussed chain stays an tire clearance a while, the original design featured a plated chain stay. The internal routing was also something that took a while. That and correcting waltlys design choices. Logo size and placement took a while too.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oo0cH View Post
The 50 e-mails back and forth were needed for clarification. First of all we spent a while discussing cranks, since i originally planned a 48/32 crankset. They asked me for chainring dimensions, which i couldnt find on the interwebs.
Thanks for answering.

I'm glad to see that Walty does push for a bit more information to make sure clearances are there.