Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-21-2020, 11:21 AM

Fed Ex lost my Sidis

I ordered a pair of Sidi Shot road shoes from Merlin Cycles. They made it through customs and to my home town where FedEx was to hand them off to USPS for delivery. They were scheduled for delivery last Monday so when they didn't show by Friday I called FedEx. They apparently never got them to USPS and started a trace of the package. They are supposed to call me back when they find it.

How long should I wait before contacting Merlin about not receiving product and asking for a refund? I think they have to file the claim against FedEx since they were the shipper, but I am not sure.
Old 01-21-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaMtbRider View Post
I ordered a pair of Sidi Shot road shoes from Merlin Cycles. They made it through customs and to my home town where FedEx was to hand them off to USPS for delivery. They were scheduled for delivery last Monday so when they didn't show by Friday I called FedEx. They apparently never got them to USPS and started a trace of the package. They are supposed to call me back when they find it.

How long should I wait before contacting Merlin about not receiving product and asking for a refund? I think they have to file the claim against FedEx since they were the shipper, but I am not sure.
Call them right away. No reason to wait... Perhaps they'll ship you a replacement pair of shoes...
Hot Tubes
LiteSpeed
SpeshFatboy
Old 01-21-2020, 11:36 AM
SageOfMilwaukee

Assuming there has been some weather in the Northeast? Give Fedex a call and see if they have any info.
Old 01-21-2020, 11:39 AM

Call USPS. They may have updated information about your trace and not contacted you about it. If there's a resolution (aka, they lost it and can't find it) then you've got more ammo to got back to Merlin to get a replacement.
Old 01-21-2020, 11:45 AM

FWIW, Fedex thought they lost one of my packages a few holiday seasons ago, only for it to show up 3 months later..
Old 01-21-2020, 12:37 PM

So you're in PA, right? Shoes coming via FedEx... Remember that big interstate pileup a few weeks ago with about 60 vehicles? Hmm, what is that truck in the foreground?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 1.34.36 PM.jpg (56.7 KB, 402 views)
Old 01-21-2020, 12:56 PM

I guess I will call Fedex again today. It is a royal pita. Go through a bunch of automated menus, finally get through to someone in customer service, only to be transferred to another number because FedEx smartpost is a different division but doesn't have a direct phone number published.
Old 01-21-2020, 12:56 PM

I think I had a derailleur clamp on that truck!
Old 01-21-2020, 04:47 PM
v a n i l l a

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaMtbRider View Post
I guess I will call Fedex again today. It is a royal pita. Go through a bunch of automated menus, finally get through to someone in customer service, only to be transferred to another number because FedEx smartpost is a different division but doesn't have a direct phone number published.
to side step the automated menus:

call the 800# and DO NOT enter your tracking number.

At each prompt say "customer service"

this is the fastest way to reach a live person.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmtong View Post
to side step the automated menus:

call the 800# and DO NOT enter your tracking number.

At each prompt say "customer service"

this is the fastest way to reach a live person.
I've heard that before and tried it and it wouldn't connect me with someone till I entered the tracking #. Still can't give me an update, they said they need another day or two to complete their investigation.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:19 PM

If it eases your anxiety at all, I recently "lost" a bike shipped through Fedex via Bikeflights. There were no updates for a week on the tracking. Bikeflights had Fedex place a "search" on the bike, and it was quickly found and delivered to me.
Old 01-21-2020, 06:35 PM

My wife had a Christmas present for our grandson go to Puerto Rico twice during transit. We live in Florida. The company sent a replacement that got here in time, and then last week, we got the first shipment. They told us to keep both. Perhaps they'll find your package. I would notify the seller, but unless they have terrific service, I wouldn't expect them to ship a replacement just yet.

Last edited by LouDeeter; 01-22-2020 at 06:17 AM.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:22 PM

(610) 973-5258
Old 01-22-2020, 09:20 AM

Good luck and hope it gets sorted out.

My brother had an incident with FedEx once where he returned a laptop back to HP (bought it direct from them) and they lost it. Well since it was on HP's dime for shipping their insurance paid out for the lost laptop.

He bought a different laptop (because the first one was just physically too big and he didn't like it) and received that not long after he was returned his money for the lost laptop. Well about a month or so after he got his money refunded the lost laptop magically showed back up at his house (instead of HP). Ended up with a free laptop because HP didn't care if they got it back because they already got reimbursed from their insurance claim.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:47 AM

I had this happen with an italian retailer who shipped ups. It was also a pair of shoes - they sent out a replacement immediately and two weeks later UPS called that they found the lost shoes. I had the replacement pair already and told them to send them back, then contacted the retailer and informed them so they'd be on the lookout.

I wouldn't wait.