Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-18-2020, 05:32 PM
Riding Along

Quote:
Originally Posted by picstloup View Post
there's a lot to think about...thanks for all this info...

i have time to decide which way i want to go...

will keep reading about the two different fit systems available to me here, maybe talk to the fitters about pedals as well...one is specialized retul, the other, smartfit q4 which i think comes via Scott...

the shoes, sidi megas, are a done deal...the only shoes i ever found wide enough with enough space for my high instep as well...I needed a new pair...
The fit system is far less important than the person doing the fit. Before you go for a fit you should ride with your current set up and see how it feels. This will be very very useful before a fit because it will provide you with a good baseline. Also, there is a chance that you may not need to make any big adjustments. Usually raising the handle bars and/or putting on a shorter stem is all you may need to achieve a very comfortable position. Give your body some time to adjust to riding and your current saddle. As long as you are having fun on the bike there is no rush to get a fit.

Last edited by Black Dog; 01-18-2020 at 09:25 PM.
Old 01-18-2020, 06:17 PM

U need to check up Lake. Those are as wider as bont IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by picstloup View Post
the shoes, sidi megas, are a done deal...the only shoes i ever found wide enough with enough space for my high instep as well...I needed a new pair...
Old 01-21-2020, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
The fit system is far less important than the person doing the fit. Before you go for a fit you should ride with your current set up and see how it feels. This will be very very useful before a fit because it will provide you with a good baseline. Also, there is a chance that you may not need to make any big adjustments. Usually raising the handle bars and/or putting on a shorter stem is all you may need to achieve a very comfortable position. Give your body some time to adjust to riding and your current saddle. As long as you are having fun on the bike there is no rush to get a fit.
Thanks Black Dog, I will do this, see how I feel, how the position feels. Gonna pick up my bikes tomorrow from our storage unit. Then the tommaso goes to the bike shop to have the headset replaced. It's an american classic that i put on about 25 years ago. Stiff. Hmm, wonder if they can find replacement sealed cartridges?...

And yes, I am going to talk at some length with the people actually doing the fit. See what they know. Hopefully more than I know ;-)

Last edited by picstloup; 01-21-2020 at 03:42 AM.
Old 01-21-2020, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman6970 View Post
U need to check up Lake. Those are as wider as bont IMO.
I will look for Lake and Bont in the bike shops. See what I can try on. I did check Lake on the web. Some are really pricey. Some i can afford. Not sure they are available in France in a shop.

Bont maybe.

Honest. I haven't ridden 'outside' in years. I haven't been in a bike shop in about two years. Not sure what to expect. Gonna be fun getting familiar again.

thanks ultraman...