Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-21-2020, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laupsi View Post
My wife lived in Spain as a child, several locations and throughout most her childhood. She mastered the language and fell in love w/the people and the culture, (she’s originally from Brazil). After taking a vacation to southern Spain about 15 years ago, we went back the following year, but further north. I too fell in love, being a cyclist, I was smitten very quickly.

Fast forward to 2015, we were vacationing there that summer when the Greek debt crises hit Europe hard. My Catalonian friends convinced me that if we were going to purchase anything, the time was ripe. We lucked out and found a beautiful villa, fully furnished that was just the perfect size in the right location.

Buying in a foreign country was educational. We’ve learned quite a bit about residency and citizenship, taxes and how to manage the place while we’re not there. We do not rent and hope to be there permanently, at least 6 mos. each year, in about 2 years after our son completes HS. Just wish he was interested in attending college there as well, but we will figure out.

There you have it! It’s all possible folks. Just have to keep that dream in focus, make the sacrifices and it’ll happen.
That's really cool. It seems you may have a few folks here who would be happy to help you keep the place clean and warm the other six months of the year

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk