Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds (Cycling Products)

Old 01-20-2021, 08:08 PM
#RYFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbrwn View Post
That belongs to someone on here.
Assuming that the buyer was on here …

https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=224201
Old 01-20-2021, 08:12 PM

Sold much more recently than that to someone on here but the sale was across the hall.
Old 01-20-2021, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbadge View Post
That sounds right. It had a partial SRAM build and decal? I'm sure that turned off many potential buyers here.
That one ended up selling for around $2k frame set only and was a 54 (I’ve ridden it and know the owner, turned it down because I had just picked up a Great Divide). Will be interesting to see what this one fetches.

Never seen it before and I know most of the Prontos in the area. Makes me wonder where Piermont got it from and if it is the same one they’ve mis measured
Old 01-20-2021, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltwtsculler91 View Post
That one ended up selling for around $2k frame set only and was a 54 (I’ve ridden it and know the owner, turned it down because I had just picked up a Great Divide). Will be interesting to see what this one fetches.

Never seen it before and I know most of the Prontos in the area. Makes me wonder where Piermont got it from and if it is the same one they’ve mis measured
Aha. I was going to say, I didn't think I had seen one this big come up for sale before.
Old 01-21-2021, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbadge View Post
I'll be bidding about $3500 fingers crossed that takes it
Old 01-21-2021, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlfoss View Post
I'd double check the details and ask any question you think about BEFORE bidding....I've bought two things from this seller over the last 5 years and BOTH had issues.

One was a frame that came with a NDS bottom bracket cup absolutely frozen in the frame....and of course the pics didn't show that side of the frame, nor was it mentioned in the listing. their response "oh, we didn't notice that when we stripped it down....just unthread it, and you can keep it, we won't charge you." It took my LBS soaking it in penetrating oil for a week and a 6ft long breaker bar to bust it free. Then the seller gave me heat for trying to return it.

Second was a pair of carbon clinchers that just happened to delaminate on the 2nd ride. Shame on me for buying used carbon clinchers, but I find it hard to believe they didn't notice before they sold it.

Caveat emptor......
Old 01-21-2021, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Damn! I was gonna go 2k - I already lost......
Old 01-21-2021, 03:42 PM

lol. there is some real braintrust bidding strategy work going on here.
Old 01-21-2021, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattvagen View Post
lol. There is some real braintrust bidding strategy work going on here.
lmao!!
Old 01-21-2021, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citycyclist247 View Post
https://www.ebay.com/itm/164650631226

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought one of these secondhand super cheap shortly after they came out and it might be the best bike I've ever owned. It can ride like a cross bike, it can ride like a road bike, it's durable, it's cheap enough. I plan to ride it until it dies.
Old 01-21-2021, 04:43 PM

Quote:
This kind of info is a recipe for shill bidding
Old 01-21-2021, 05:43 PM
cnighbor2

58cm TREK Madone Carbon Shimano Dura-Ace Ultega Chris King Road Bike - $1,285

58cm TREK Madone Carbon Shimano Dura-Ace Ultegra Chris King Road Bike - $1,285.01
This awesome America-themed Trek Madone has been fully tuned and is ready to go, composed of a full carbon frame and fork to provide a smooth, light and responsive ride. This bike is equipped with Shimano Ultegra triple cranks with new chainrings, combined with a 9-speed cassette in rear, with Shimano Ultegra integrated brake lever shifters, routed to Shimano Ultegra front and rear derailleurs. Shimano Dura-Ace dual pivot caliper brakes bring you to a quick stop, rolling on a zippy Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheelset all wrapped in red Vittoria Zaffiro road tires. Other goodies include a beautiful Chris King headset, Bontrager carbon seatpost, carbon drop handlebars, Selle Italia Flite racing saddle, new brake hoods, new chain, new handlebar tape and new housings and cables to get you going! Entire bike weighs under 19 pounds without pedals! A very quick bike, tuned to perfection and ready to ride! This 58cm bike will fit most riders around 5'11" to 6'2". Call or text show contact info
if you want to check it out.
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/bik...258536161.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trek_1001a.jpg (105.1 KB, 304 views)
Old 01-21-2021, 06:51 PM
Tired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJMUNC View Post
I'd double check the details and ask any question you think about BEFORE bidding....I've bought two things from this seller over the last 5 years and BOTH had issues.

One was a frame that came with a NDS bottom bracket cup absolutely frozen in the frame....and of course the pics didn't show that side of the frame, nor was it mentioned in the listing. their response "oh, we didn't notice that when we stripped it down....just unthread it, and you can keep it, we won't charge you." It took my LBS soaking it in penetrating oil for a week and a 6ft long breaker bar to bust it free. Then the seller gave me heat for trying to return it.

Second was a pair of carbon clinchers that just happened to delaminate on the 2nd ride. Shame on me for buying used carbon clinchers, but I find it hard to believe they didn't notice before they sold it.

Caveat emptor......
I've been in that shop multiple times. They have a regular bike shop and an ebay shop out back in another part of the same building complex. I've talked with the ebay guys a few times. They always seem stressed and like they are moving a lot of product. The people who work there are nice. I've only interacted with the owner once, but it wasn't a good interaction.
Old 01-21-2021, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tctyres View Post
I've been in that shop multiple times. They have a regular bike shop and an ebay shop out back in another part of the same building complex. I've talked with the ebay guys a few times. They always seem stressed and like they are moving a lot of product. The people who work there are nice. I've only interacted with the owner once, but it wasn't a good interaction.
agreed. it's pretty clear to me, having been there that the actual bike shop and the ebay selling arm operate pretty independently. the ebay side also appears to sell a lot more than just bike stuff. audio equipment, photog stuff, etc.

even though it's attached to the bike shop, i dont get the impression the ebay store is really operated by bicycle professionals.
Old 01-21-2021, 07:21 PM

Nice looking tandem frame for a reasonable price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hand-Built-...wAAOSwGmlgCgfC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600-6.jpg (119.7 KB, 243 views)