Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-01-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grateful View Post
Even if he does race and win do you really think the Badger will let him step on the podium?
Badger no longer works for ASO.......so he can not prevent anyone from stepping on the Podium.

Personally I think if Froome does not ride then the TDF will have an asterisk against it.....
Old 07-01-2018, 10:51 AM

From the comments....

Quote:
It's possible that the entire nation of France can't stand to see a successful non-French team and rider beating them at their own game, so they are using this to try and take away competition from Bardet.

It's hardly like the TdF has much a reputation to protect, that was destroyed totally in the 90's and 2000's.
Did similar with Indurain didn't they?
Old 07-01-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman1425 View Post
Agreed. It isn't as flagrant as it was - like Landis's miracle comeback, or Vino's TT of a life time at the Tour. The margins are smaller, perhaps to support the illusion that it isn't doping fueled, but the consistency is remarkable, and IMO impossible with out chemical support.

Beyond Froome, the similarities between Sky and Postal/Discovery/Astana are incredible. Sky have built this facade of "marginal gains" and perceived transparency to give them plausible deniability, which folks bought at first, but I most now realize is BS.
Totally disagree with every part of this......adverse analytic findings are a million miles away from blood doping. Froomes breakaway time gains were made downhilll, nothing like Landis’......
Old 07-01-2018, 11:01 AM

.... ..

Last edited by cadence90; 07-01-2018 at 04:20 PM.
Old 07-01-2018, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadence90 View Post
Personally I think if Froome does ride then all the other TDF riders and teams should boycott the entire thing.
For all we know, half the peloton might have an AAF hanging over their heads as well.
Old 07-01-2018, 11:15 AM

.... ..

Last edited by cadence90; 07-01-2018 at 04:19 PM.
Old 07-01-2018, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corky View Post
Totally disagree with every part of this......adverse analytic findings are a million miles away from blood doping. Froomes breakaway time gains were made downhilll, nothing like Landis’......
When you, or anyone else for that matter comes up with a medically sound and physiologically feasible reason for the levels of salbutamol in his system with out abusing that (or other) medications, let me know.
Old 07-01-2018, 11:45 AM
Everything is connected

A leak in the French press (not coffee related) indicates that the ASO has formally blocked Froomie from riding LeTour. UCI has the ultimate say, so perhaps this is all for show says the author.

http://www.velonews.com/2018/07/tour...-france_471156
Old 07-01-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadence90 View Post

This old trope again.
Even so, what makes "downhill time gains" not also doping-related?

What a stinking fish this whole thing has become.
Completely agree. Is it not possible that doping helped him sit in with the group on the uphills and then be fresh and focused to attack the downhill? He is known as a good descender. He stays in contact when it gets hard and he can take some risks at make up time going down. Plenty of ways to utilize a chemical boost that don't involve riding the peloton off your wheel on an 8% slope. In fact, one could argue that this approach is better, as it's less likely to attract attention.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
A leak in the French press (not coffee related) indicates that the ASO has formally blocked Froomie from riding LeTour. UCI has the ultimate say, so perhaps this is all for show says the author.

http://www.velonews.com/2018/07/tour...-france_471156
As I read it, it seemed like ASO can overwrite the UCI clearance by arguing that the rider or team isn't welcome for the potential damage to the race.

I'm thinking back to 2008 when ASO told Astana they were not welcome at the Tour or any of the other races they organized, which prohibited Contador from defending his '07 win. They were all still able to race that year, but not in ASO events. Have things changed? Can the UCI force ASO's hand now?
Old 07-01-2018, 12:31 PM
il Curmudgeoni

The challenge goes the French Olympic Committee court of arbitration first and from there (if appealed) to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

As for ASO's decision....I applaud it. I might actually watch the TdF if Froome isn't there.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman1425 View Post
When you, or anyone else for that matter comes up with a medically sound and physiologically feasible reason for the levels of salbutamol in his system with out abusing that (or other) medications, let me know.
BAM there it is...…...
Old 07-01-2018, 12:53 PM

It looks like the ASO are forcing the court to make a decision before the start of the tour. If the courts clear Froome next week before the start then he will obviously be allowed to race, no?
Old 07-01-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinarelli View Post
It looks like the ASO are forcing the court to make a decision before the start of the tour. If the courts clear Froome next week before the start then he will obviously be allowed to race, no?
I think so. It will be difficult for ASO's claims of "damage to the race" to have any substance if the UCI says Froome's done nothing wrong.

Biggest farce of the the post-Armstrong generation if the UCI give Froome a pass with out a mountain of medical evidence and pharmacokinetic testing on him to back up the ridiculous physiological claims he and Sky are making.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:45 PM

I wish I had not renewed NBC Sports Gold.

Jeff