Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-01-2018, 11:22 PM

If Dan Martin's Colnago only had room for 23s, then that is all the bike I would ever need.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbadge View Post
Probably a PRO Vibe Round.
Hard to tell from the photo angle. My Pro V rounds seem like they have tighter radius drops and are very beefy across the tops. Another possibility might be Deda Belgian Deep Drops. Zipp has a deep drop trad bar that's pretty close also.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingminimal View Post
That's where I live and I ride PCH a lot! I have a bike for that, but I fair just as well on my more gravelish bike when I slap my 28s on it and go. I dunno. Just seems road bikes are getting more and more narrow, or mine (our?) tastes are expanding more.

If/when my Stinner Refugio breaks, I will be lining up for an Open UP or a 3T Exploro I think.
It seems like there would be a lot of climbing/descents, what w/ Latigo, Glendora Mountain Road, CA 39 and a bunch of other hilly climbs...
Old 08-01-2018, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
Hard to tell from the photo angle. My Pro V rounds seem like they have tighter radius drops and are very beefy across the tops. Another possibility might be Deda Belgian Deep Drops. Zipp has a deep drop trad bar that's pretty close also.
Definitely not a Deda, they don't have a nice flat bar-lever hood transition like that. They have a very traditional profile rather than a modern round curve.

It could be a Zipp or Fizik, but I figured since they were sponsored by PRO it was the easy answer (Occam's Razor).

As of 2015 Luke Rowe (the pictured rider) was using a PRO Vibe Round, according to these bike profiles.

https://road.cc/content/news/156546-...-ready-cobbles

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/...lo-dogma-k8-s/
Old 08-01-2018, 11:49 PM

Old 08-01-2018, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post

Serious post-- just trying to understand your meaning and/or humor tonight--a lot can get lost in internet translation.

BTW, speaking of bar bends, JT has a handful of nice ones posted here for a fair price.
Hah, you caught me, can't even keep my act straight. It's just tiresome to see people turning up their nose at everything that's not silver and 9/10 speed Campy. Why does everything have to be the same?
Old 08-01-2018, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbadge View Post
Hah, you caught me, can't even keep my act straight. It's just tiresome to see people turning up their nose at everything that's not silver and 9/10 speed Campy. Why does everything have to be the same?
No reason except the heart likes what the heart likes. On either side of the aesthetic "divide".

Ride more, bicker less!

Post for fun and camaraderie.