Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-29-2018, 09:50 AM

"Sensory" overload?

https://notiokonect.com/en/index
Old 06-29-2018, 10:15 AM

I can see the application for real-time CdA analysis, testing out position variation, but man... I ride "unplugged", no handlebar data at all. I only take a look when I'm done to see total ride time, and a passing interest in average speed.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:26 AM

Same here. Mostly cuz I have no space between a Spur bell, camera and a battery pack for the camera, that's all the clutter I really care for.
Never had a power meter just cuz I'm a bit too cheap to dish out for that since I'm not racing.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:27 AM

Interesting. I wonder how it compares, feature- and price-wise, to Velocomp's offerings. I do see, from their site, that Nokio is owned by Argon18, so there's some solid infrastructure there, including expertise in aerodynamics. It's a bit unclear if it can estimate power on its own (like Velocomp's stuff can), or if it must be paired with a direct force power meter.

Velocomp reportedly had a bunch of issues with power estimation on rough surfaces (e.g. gravel, cobbles) at first, and had to work through that. User feedback that I've browsed (not systematically) seems to indicate that they succeeded well enough. But these are issues that NotioConnect would also need to address. I would assume they had the capability of doing so, but the proof will ultimately be in the pudding.