Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2020, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftf View Post
Hummmmmm, I suppose we don't know if this one cop is racist, or not, but is the system racist? yes, is it systematically racist, yes.

At the end of the day it doesn't even matter if this ONE cop is Racist or not, it matters if the system is, and if you haven't been paying attention it is, blatantly unabashedly so.
I'm sure you won't mind if I disagree with your statement.
Old 02-10-2020, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthornt View Post
You mean the fact that the system is systematically racist.

Please disagree, with data.
Old 02-10-2020, 11:59 AM

Quote:

Not sure, based on what has been written, how some folks can conclude that the arresting officer was racist or power hungry.
Throwing a child in jail overnight for running a stop sign is a pretty clear sign someone's got power issues.
Old 02-10-2020, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
Throwing a child in jail overnight for running a stop sign is a pretty clear sign someone's got power issues.
Were you there? I would be interested to know how you can make this claim if you weren't.
Old 02-10-2020, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
I would have to agree, i cant imagine that even happening here tbh (unless there is more to the story). I suspect you would get fired here if you said you held a kid in jail over something like running a stop sign. Punishment should fit the crime? does not seem to be applicable in this scenario.
Old 02-10-2020, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscanyswe View Post
I would have to agree, i cant imagine that even happening here tbh (unless there is more to the story). I suspect you would get fired here if you said you held a kid in jail over something like running a stop sign. Punishment should fit the crime? does not seem to be applicable in this scenario.
Like you said, unless there is more to the story. I don't know what happened, you don't know what happened, so how can we draw any conclusions like the those that have been drawn here by some - that the officer was racist and power hungry?
Old 02-10-2020, 12:20 PM
Glory bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddd View Post
Since this is the US, the kid will get to go before a judge over this matter at least.
If the kid was held overnight and bail set in the high four figures, he did appear before a judge.
I know nothing about the region in which this happened, but it sounds to me like at least one local judge was of a similar mind to the LEO.
Old 02-10-2020, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscanyswe View Post

Florida might be different but in most states Judges, not police officers, set the bail.
They also have the power to release a juvenile into the custody of their parents or to release an adult without bond. Methinks that there could be more to the story than what was posted on Facebook.
Old 02-10-2020, 12:24 PM

Quote:
I'm on pins and needles here.

Please post some data supporting your position!
Old 02-10-2020, 12:27 PM

Ever been arrested at night or on a weekend? Good luck getting in front of a judge

My bail for DUI was set at 10 percent of what this kid got. White privilege at work, for sure. Meanwhile this CHILD of color is grossly mistreated.

Last edited by jtbadge; 02-10-2020 at 12:35 PM.
Old 02-10-2020, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftf View Post
I'm on pins and needles here.

Please post some data supporting your position!
You stated that it doesn't matter if this one cop is racist or not, I disagree. What kind of data are you looking for?
Old 02-10-2020, 12:36 PM

Do you work for the Jacksonville PD, or something? Jesus.
Old 02-10-2020, 12:37 PM

Quote:
You stated that it doesn't matter if this one cop is racist or not, I disagree. What kind of data are you looking for?
Oh so you agree the system is systematically racist?
Old 02-10-2020, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbadge View Post
Ever been arrested at night or on a weekend? Good luck getting in front of a judge

My bail for DUI was set at 10 percent of what this kid got. White privilege at work - pretty gross.
Yawn. The manner in which your state treated you doesn't carry any weight in this discussion when you have utterly no knowledge of what actually transpired in this incident.
Old 02-10-2020, 12:42 PM

I don't think it's relevant for this issue. Was this cyclist arrested, taken to jail, booked, and given a high (for the offense) bail because the officer is racist (and power-hungry)?

According to google, officers in the Seminole County Sheriff's department wear cameras, so this should be relative easy to determine.
Closed Thread