Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-08-2020, 07:56 PM
v a n i l l a

the only thing I care about are those gold shamals....
Old 02-08-2020, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
I feel like that rug really ties the room together.
i wonder if the drapes match the rug ?
Old 02-08-2020, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmtong View Post
the only thing I care about are those gold shamals....
When nothing else is over the top enough.
Old 02-08-2020, 09:04 PM
Meh

Bring back the elegance atmo
Old 02-09-2020, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
I feel like that rug really ties the room together.
It's a painted floor, symbolizing the cobbles of Roubaix and the polka dot climbers jersey of the Tour, representing the bike is .2% lighter yet 1.6% more horizontally robust. Do you know nothing about marketing?
Old 02-09-2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinkozmo View Post
i wonder if the drapes match the rug ?
That's not looking like a rug to me. Looks like tile or something else hard.
Not that it matters a hoot. This is a weird thread.

By the way, does your spreadsheet compare watts for using a level stem vs slightly upsloping? I'm sure there's a power loss there, at least on the order of the shim, if not even as much as having that gaping hole on the CS messing with aerodynamics.

Last edited by tv_vt; 02-09-2020 at 11:07 AM.
Old 02-09-2020, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fignon's barber View Post
It's a painted floor, symbolizing the cobbles of Roubaix and the polka dot climbers jersey of the Tour, representing the bike is .2% lighter yet 1.6% more horizontally robust. Do you know nothing about marketing?
actually construction paper and leftover carbon epoxy subbing as lacquer

nicetrytho
Old 02-09-2020, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv_vt View Post
That's not looking like a rug to me. Looks like tile or something else hard.
Not that it matters a hoot. This is a weird thread.

By the way, does your spreadsheet compare watts for using a level stem vs slightly upsloping? I'm sure there's a power loss there, at least on the order of the shim, if not even as much as having that gaping hole on the CS messing with aerodynamics.
Genesis 25:30. "He said to Jacob, 'Let me gulp down some of that red stuff; I'm starving.'”

all hail The Sabbath™

Old 02-09-2020, 03:54 PM
Administrator

i literally have no idea what this thread is about.

nice bike though.
Old 02-09-2020, 04:13 PM
ZhugeLiang

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
i literally have no idea what this thread is about.

nice bike though.
I think it's about Microsoft Excel.
Old 02-09-2020, 04:21 PM

An early favorite for "Post of the Year."

Heisenberg lost his power wattage somewhere. Maybe under the futon. He was able to find it with the help of a shim. Somehow, Mark McM had some culpability. Not sure how. Mark McM is a known fan of Warren Zevon, however, and most avid racers like Heisenberg prefer music that's "edgier."

Flash and Fignons Barber (still the best tag on the site) traded interior decorating barbs.

Heisenberg concluded the post (thus far) by citing some Old Testament verses.
Old 02-09-2020, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
An early favorite for "Post of the Year."

Heisenberg lost his power wattage somewhere. Maybe under the futon. He was able to find it with the help of a shim. Somehow, Mark McM had some culpability. Not sure how. Mark McM is a known fan of Warren Zevon, however, and most avid racers like Heisenberg prefer music that's "edgier."

Flash and Fignons Barber (still the best tag on the site) traded interior decorating barbs.

Heisenberg concluded the post (thus far) by citing some Old Testament verses.
let's take it from the top.

once upon a time in the dregs of the venetian (while consuming an overly-thick cut of prime and sipping a singapore sling), i lost my mind about the exceptional drag of 405mm chainstays/10t cogs and the real crimes perpetuated on the world by men from chicago who go by their initials (professionally), high in their repurposed meatpacking factory-cum-bike parts headquarters.

it lead me to markmcm's exceptional research in the area of "wattage losses around 10t bicycle drivetrains for the very few people who have ever ridden past 25mph, let alone our researcher".

promptly, i asked my intern to drop my copy of "excitable boy" onto the deck and got to work. HOW could i possibly defeat the conniving marketing bastards in the Windy City, dead set on robbing the average joe of two watts at 30mph?! truly, an endeavor on par with the apollo program.

long story short, i found a bunch of random crap lying around my workshop. turns out all it took was a mezcal shot alongside the singapore sling to conjure it into reality.

weirdly, it all worked...fine? veryun****ingfortunately. i thought big bike industry™ had things far more on lock when it came to PURPOSEFULLY ****ING THE WORKING MAN™.*

*who is not armed with spreadsheets.

so while i was contemplating alcoholism and the concept of desperadoes/eves, it became a thing. a bike, with 12 speeds, an 11-29t cassette, a 53/39 chainset, and shifted THROUGH THE GODDAMNED AIR.

truly, a breakthrough for humanity.

fin.*

*quit looking at bike **** and go watch cheer. it's waaaay better.

Last edited by Heisenberg; 02-09-2020 at 07:51 PM.
Old 02-09-2020, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
let's take it from the top.

once upon a time in the dregs of the venetian (while consuming an overly-thick cut of prime and sipping a singapore sling), i lost my mind about the exceptional drag of 405mm chainstays/10t cogs and the real crimes perpetuated on the world by men from chicago who go by their initials (professionally), high in their repurposed meatpacking factory-cum-bike parts headquarters.

it lead me to markmcm's exceptional research in the area of "wattage losses around 10t bicycle drivetrains for the very few people who have ever ridden past 25mph, let alone our researcher".

promptly, i asked my intern to drop my copy of "excitable boy" onto the deck and got to work. HOW could i possibly defeat the conniving marketing bastards in the Windy City, dead set on robbing the average joe of two watts at 30mph?! truly, an endeavor on par with the apollo program.

long story short, i found a bunch of random crap lying around my workshop. turns out all it took was a mezcal shot alongside the singapore sling to conjure it into reality.

weirdly, it all worked...fine? veryun****ingfortunately. i thought big bike industry™ had things far more on lock when it came to PURPOSEFULLY ****ING THE WORKING MAN™.*

*who is not armed with spreadsheets.

so while i was contemplating alcoholism and the concept of desperadoes/eves, it became a thing. a bike, with 12 speeds, an 11-29t cassette, a 53/39 chainset, and shifted THROUGH THE GODDAMNED AIR.

truly, a breakthrough for humanity.

fin.*

Well, I don't understand a word you just wrote. But I like it! Certainly, there's a kernel of truth buried in there somewhere.

It's as close to "Gonzo" journalism as the Paceline is going to get...joining a select group of posters: Deadman, Colker, GothBrooks, and now yourself. (and a shout out for the departed and missed Beeatnik).

If I see the above names attached to a post, I'm going to be reading it. Really entertaining
Edit: Now I'll really have to swing by the shop for an espresso...

Last edited by XXtwindad; 02-09-2020 at 08:21 PM.
Old 02-09-2020, 08:20 PM

I would watch the sky. Those black helicopters you see are coming for you. You don't mess with Chicago and their 2 watts.
Old 02-09-2020, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

I did; Cheers is a masterpiece.. best movie about America ever made. It blows apart every cliche and misconception. Best movie about tolerance and outcasts.