Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-30-2019, 10:56 PM

I have the regular non Bluetooth one. Mounted with what they sent under the bottle holder. After half a year of just hanging there finally had a need for it. Worked flawlessly!

With all the complaints and warnings about mini pumps I was worried but no problems so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-30-2019, 11:14 PM

Been needing a new frame pump and this seems to check all the boxes. Interested to see how it stacks up to the Lezyne pumps.
Old 12-31-2019, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntstew View Post
Been needing a new frame pump and this seems to check all the boxes. Interested to see how it stacks up to the Lezyne pumps.
Better
Old 12-31-2019, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntstew View Post
I have several lezyne pumps and I am slowly replacing them with the Tattico. It is a much better pump.
Old 12-31-2019, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaMtbRider View Post
I have several lezyne pumps and I am slowly replacing them with the Tattico. It is a much better pump.
I have Lezyne Road Drives on both my bikes and they work fine. Never had them unscrew a valve. What makes the Tattico noticeably better?

Tim
Old 12-31-2019, 08:22 PM

Does the head/chuck on these pumps act as the lever that you mentioned? It appears to pivot off of the shaft.

What is the weight?

The size/volume looks to be a bit better (i.e. faster) than my Shimano-Pro Carbon mimipump that weighs 39g. Mine requires over 200 strokes to reach 70psi in a 25c tire.
Old 12-31-2019, 08:25 PM

I have had old Silca, Blackburn, Zefal, Barbieri (the smallest, was surprisingly quite good), and now the Silca (non-Bluetooth, I see no real need for it) Tattico frame pumps. After reading, debating between Tattico and Lezyne, I chose the Tattico, and am very happy with it.

The Tattico is the best of those I have used, by a good amount. Experience is now over 2 years; it has been very consistent, very solid. The quality is very high.

I bought some standard frame pump holders from eBay (China) for next-to-nothing, that fit between the seat tube bottle cage and frame, on the nds. They hold the Tattico perfectly, so now I just use the 1 pump on 4 different bicycles.

I too am not a "I love all Silca!" person, but the Tattico (non-BT) is really a very good pump.
Old 12-31-2019, 08:38 PM

Damn you Paceline! Thanks to all your positve comments, Now you made me order a Tattico.

I'm looking forward to getting it. Thanks!!
Old 12-31-2019, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddd View Post
Does the head/chuck on these pumps act as the lever that you mentioned? It appears to pivot off of the shaft.
There is a locking valve lever at the end of the extendable/retractable hose (the silver lever in these photos):

The Silca website page is very good, with lots of clear images/descriptions.

Quote:
What is the weight?
For the complete (non-Bluetooth) pump + frame clamp, as seen in the top photo above, on my scale: actual weight = 176 grams, and worth every one.

Quote:
The size/volume looks to be a bit better (i.e. faster) than my Shimano-Pro Carbon mimipump that weighs 39g. Mine requires over 200 strokes to reach 70psi in a 25c tire.
Definitely faster/better than 200+ strokes to achieve 70psi. Much better I would bet, although I have never measured it.
Old 12-31-2019, 09:29 PM
aka RAEKWON

Its not for the weight weenie but you not gonna get that nice construction and feel with plastic or carbon. Pump also stays cool. Definitely does not take 200 pumps to get 70 psi, probably like 80 to 100.
Old 12-31-2019, 11:31 PM

Thanks, Dino Suegiù.
Old 12-31-2019, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
Its not for the weight weenie but you not gonna get that nice construction and feel with plastic or carbon. Pump also stays cool. Definitely does not take 200 pumps to get 70 psi, probably like 80 to 100.
The all-carbon mini-pumps are intended as pocket-minimalist, so probably half of the volume per stroke as this one. It would be interesting to compare them in actual use on same-sized tires.
What the super-light carbon pumps also lack is the grip size, so pumping is of course less comfortable.

I have to say that my ten-years-newer Shimano Pro Carbon pump is higher-performing than my (also 39g) old SKS SUB40, no surprise there, but the quality of the internal seals seems quite well thought out on both of them.

In this age of disc brakes and fatter tires, weight-weenie-ism is perhaps taking a back seat to other comfort and performance criteria, so pump marketing might be following that same course.

This thread had me getting up to weigh a 12g CO2 cartridge, which at 45g with a ~10g inflator valve seems like another minimalist approach (or as a back-up to the micro-pump approach). Both fit easily in a jersey pocket [for those not fearful of being possibly(?) impaled in a crash].
Old 01-01-2020, 04:51 AM

I have a normal tattico. I only use it on long “bike packing” type of rides. Even with the limited use I’m keeping mine because it works sooooooooo good. I have tried a million different frame and mini pumps and I think it is the best portable pump on the market.
Old 01-01-2020, 07:15 PM

I use a Tattico with bluetooth and it works fine. I use it mostly when I travel to top up my tubeless tires to a precise pressure after they lose a few psi overnight.
Old 01-01-2020, 07:49 PM

I'm tempted. Will this fit okay in a jersey pocket? Looks like it would stick out quite a bit.

I use a Zefal HP for some bikes, and a tiny unbrand for others. Zefal good... tiny unbrand works, but a pain in the a$$ to use.