Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-29-2019, 09:28 AM
aka RAEKWON

Silca Tattico - Great mini pump

I have a love hate relationship with silca. They have some great products (TI torque ratchet for example) and some imo not so great products (silca impero).

I am a frame pump guy, they work great, look cool and are just better pumps. However, I can't fit it on my OPEN so I have been looking for a mini pump.

Came across the SILCA Tattico on sale, the bluetooth version. Still super expensive but though, hey this could be a good pump with the bluetooth, always know the pressure.

Got the pump and would not work, would not show the reading. Message silca they said they knew about this, something with the new IOS. They don't make their own app which to me is very problematic, I have here a pump that costs $100 that atm does not work the way it is described with no fix until apple figures out its stuff. This was a bummer because the pump looked awesome. Silca customer service was good, I asked if I could just get a normal tattico an they said sure... THey shiped me a new pump before even sending mine back, 5 stars.

Finally got to use the pump yesterday, it is fantastic. Easily the best mini pump I have ever used and I have used a few, did not like most of them (the lezyne is the best but not as good as this). Construction is excellent but the best thing thing is how it attaches to the valve, has a little lever, it works fantastic. Also pumped up the tire pretty fast for such a small pump. Color me impressed. With using tubeless more lately, I rarely get flats (yesterday I was on my tubed wheels, if I had tubeless, that flat would have not happened) so a mini pump is just easier to carry, its always on the burrito bag, never have to worry about it.

I am surprised Silca does not put this system on its other pumps, the impero and specially the tiny impero (its more expensive than the tattico and not as good?)

I know the owner of Silca is around this forum. Seriously good pump Silca, good job. I would consider one that has a readout for pressure, on the pump, I think that would be pretty cool.
Old 12-29-2019, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
I have a love hate relationship with silca. They have some great products (TI torque ratchet for example) and some imo not so great products (silca impero).

I am a frame pump guy, they work great, look cool and are just better pumps. However, I can't fit it on my OPEN so I have been looking for a mini pump.

Came across the SILCA Tattico on sale, the bluetooth version. Still super expensive but though, hey this could be a good pump with the bluetooth, always know the pressure.

Got the pump and would not work, would not show the reading. Message silca they said they knew about this, something with the new IOS. They don't make their own app which to me is very problematic, I have here a pump that costs $100 that atm does not work the way it is described with no fix until apple figures out its stuff. This was a bummer because the pump looked awesome. Silca customer service was good, I asked if I could just get a normal tattico an they said sure... THey shiped me a new pump before even sending mine back, 5 stars.

Finally got to use the pump yesterday, it is fantastic. Easily the best mini pump I have ever used and I have used a few, did not like most of them (the lezyne is the best but not as good as this). Construction is excellent but the best thing thing is how it attaches to the valve, has a little lever, it works fantastic. Also pumped up the tire pretty fast for such a small pump. Color me impressed. With using tubeless more lately, I rarely get flats (yesterday I was on my tubed wheels, if I had tubeless, that flat would have not happened) so a mini pump is just easier to carry, its always on the burrito bag, never have to worry about it.

I am surprised Silca does not put this system on its other pumps, the impero and specially the tiny impero (its more expensive than the tattico and not as good?)

I know the owner of Silca is around this forum. Seriously good pump Silca, good job. I would consider one that has a readout for pressure, on the pump, I think that would be pretty cool.

Need a new one this sounds great.
Old 12-29-2019, 02:28 PM

Does it work with threaded valve stems? I had a Pocket Impero for a while but sold it after using it in the field one time - the press fit gasket wouldn’t stay on the valve and just got torn up.
Old 12-29-2019, 03:15 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbadge View Post
Does it work with threaded valve stems? I had a Pocket Impero for a while but sold it after using it in the field one time - the press fit gasket wouldn’t stay on the valve and just got torn up.
yes it does. It does not screw, the is a little lever that just clamps around the valve so this works with threaded and unthreaded, presta and shrader.
Compared to the ones that screws in its better because you don't loose any air, nor uncrew the damn valve core. And compared to pumps like impero where you just shove the pump in the core and press, not only bends the valve but just makes it awkward and harder to pump.

It really is fantastic.
Old 12-29-2019, 03:18 PM

Nice. The non-bluetooth version is priced competitively, might have to give it a whirl! I’ve been getting by with a Lezyne for years but always looking for something better.
Old 12-29-2019, 03:33 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbadge View Post
Nice. The non-bluetooth version is priced competitively, might have to give it a whirl! I’ve been getting by with a Lezyne for years but always looking for something better.
The Lezyne is not a bad pump by any means. I think it has been the best one for many years but this is just a better pump. All aluminum construction feels super nice too. I still have my lezyne and will keep around but as long as this one works, not going to be taking the lezyne.
Old 12-29-2019, 05:51 PM

I had the Bluetooth version of the Tattico and it did not function properly from the git-go. I did the software update and everything else they recommended but no luck. Travis in their customer service department was helpful and has shipped me a replacement since we've exhausted all other options. Fingers crossed that this one works as advertised. I bought this because I thought it would make an excellent travel pump...
Old 12-29-2019, 05:56 PM

I have a couple of these and really like them. Mine are all non bluetooth, but I was planning on ordering one for my gravel bike. I thought having a gauge would be nice for the lower tire pressures with tubeless tires but it doesn't sound promising.
Old 12-29-2019, 09:54 PM

I'll wait for the BT issues to iron out and then pick one of these up. Ideal for travel...

My 15 year old Silca Pista track pump hasn't skipped a beat - it's a pleasure to use.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:27 PM

Great pump, works as advertised. Rock solid construction. All other mini-pumps I’ve tried have felt like they were about to break under the pressure at times. Not so with this one

You all mounting them on your frames??
Old 12-30-2019, 05:05 AM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duende View Post
Great pump, works as advertised. Rock solid construction. All other mini-pumps I’ve tried have felt like they were about to break under the pressure at times. Not so with this one

You all mounting them on your frames??
I keep mine in my handlebar bag
Old 12-30-2019, 06:20 AM

I have the non Bluetooth version - works great for travel with a separate digital pressure gauge. Can mount to frame with clamp under bottle cage
Old 12-30-2019, 06:43 AM

Also pleased with the Tattico

Add me to the list of pleased users. I used this pump with my travel bike this September in France, performed flawlessly. Before that, everyday use on my road bike.

I’m very impressed and heartily recommend.
Old 12-30-2019, 07:00 AM
aka RAEKWON

ok, turns out I am not crazy and there are plenty out there that like the pump.

For the people that do want the bluetooth pump, send Silca an email to confirm if the BT app is working again. I would assume it would be since it has been months since the problem was occurring.
Old 12-30-2019, 01:33 PM

I've carried the standard Tattico on my frame since they came out. This past week, I had two punctures on the road -- pulled the Tattico out of its mount for the first and second times, tires inflated with no drama whatsoever.