Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2020, 02:45 PM

saw a recent study why most americans load up on guns...cops bust balls over the most insignificant. meaningless stuff...like this...some kid slow rolling a stop sign? ...and ignoring the real stuff...they have no faith anymore in cops dealing with the real things and are tired being hassled over the damn brake light ****...its all connected...no easy answer...law and order right? Overload of cops being paid a fortune...to bust tail on the most basic everyday stuff like this...while real crime rampages in all sorts of areas via the areas it is going on for real...ie crappy and poor hoods...

Last edited by cash05458; 02-10-2020 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-10-2020, 02:46 PM

Is yelling an acceptable way to pull over a cyclist? That seems bizarre that the deputy wouldn't conduct the stop in the same manner as another vehicle using lights and siren.

Quote:
The deputy said in the report that he yelled three times for López and the other cyclist to stop, but they looked at him and ignored his commands.
Old 02-10-2020, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddd View Post
Justice is far, far from uniform for different regions, so many over-crowded jailing facilities. I'm glad that I live near a major courthouse where the legal profession's entire working system really helps our local tax base, and also glad that the large jailing facility is at least a few miles up the road!

Some people arriving in court will have little representation beyond perhaps a court-appointed lawyer who is over-worked.
I really hope that the defendant in this case is thankful for the huge advantage that is being bestowed on him by the cycling community. I hope that this engenders some desire in him to return the favor somehow, perhaps by being a particularly good example of a road-using cyclist going forward.
Many kids detained by ICE have NO legal representation in court (but that is another sad topic).
Old 02-10-2020, 03:07 PM
I need you cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonrobot View Post
Is yelling an acceptable way to pull over a cyclist? That seems bizarre that the deputy wouldn't conduct the stop in the same manner as another vehicle using lights and siren.
+1 - I was wondering this too....why would the cop yell? Was he on a bike too?

A beep of the siren and the blue happy lights would have done the trick faster and with less effort.

Probaby would have ended with a stern lecture about stops signs rather than the arrest...
Old 02-10-2020, 03:16 PM
Administrator

A lot of speculation and thread drift going on at this point Feel free to start another thread when more specific information on this incident comes out.

W.