Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-11-2007, 12:02 PM

I have been doing something similar of late and it feels great! Getting rid of a bunch of crap that has accumulated over twenty years of cycling is mighty cathartic. Do I need forty jerseys that I won't ever wear again? Nope! Do I need six pairs of cheap bibs that I won't ever use now that I have discovered Assos FI-13 bibs? Hell no!

I have done my best to give a lot of stuff to people I know who are starting out in the sport and might not have much gear, even to friends of distant friends.

Another thing I have slowly come to realise is that I am now very choosy in what I will use. I used to try any and everything that came out, parts and clothes alike. I have learned that straying from the items that I know I like and will use, will only result in wasted money. I don't need any more junk!

It feels mighty good. I feel so much more personally efficient in terms of my love of the bike.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BdaGhisallo
I have been doing something similar of late and it feels great! Getting rid of a bunch of crap that has accumulated over twenty years of cycling is mighty cathartic. Do I need forty jerseys that I won't ever wear again? Nope! Do I need six pairs of cheap bibs that I won't ever use now that I have discovered Assos FI-13 bibs? Hell no!

I have done my best to give a lot of stuff to people I know who are starting out in the sport and might not have much gear, even to friends of distant friends.

Another thing I have slowly come to realise is that I am now very choosy in what I will use. I used to try any and everything that came out, parts and clothes alike. I have learned that straying from the items that I know I like and will use, will only result in wasted money. I don't need any more junk!

It feels mighty good. I feel so much more personally efficient in terms of my love of the bike.
Thread drift (maybe)..But thats me in a nutshell!

Word!

+1

Steve
Old 02-11-2007, 08:45 PM

I disagree....

Sorry, J I disagree.....only because I can, and only because I only have 3/4 of a bike......

Great Thought!!

Also, OT..........where the heck do you guys keep all your bikes.......?!?!

PS. If any of you larger guys are feeling guilty, I'll take a bike.....

"Common sense is not so common!"