Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2021, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upcountry View Post
I got it done! The weather actually looks great/better all week, but knowing how life can get in the way of the best laid plans, I just went for it today despite a chilly 29 degrees at the start. It didn't warm up much, but was made bearable by the fact that I'm climbing for ~40 minutes and only face about 10 minutes of cold descending.

Added a few bonus miles to hit the 10k' mark at mile 52.5.
Elapsed time was 4h58m which encompassed the bike swaps, a shoe change and a bit of layering up and down every lap. Moving time was 4h31m.
Essentially all liquid nutrition with the exception of one caffeinated gel at the 3 hour mark. One bottle per lap/hour with ~90g of carbs.

It was a good proof of concept for an Everest attempt I'd like to knock out next year on this same road. It feels do-able, but would require an additional 11 laps and definitely an extra bail out gear or two. For my order I went SS 29er, Ti 27.5, 3T Strada, Hakka, then TCR. Kind of a "hardest" to easiest in terms of weight, gearing, and rolling resistance. The hardest part was honestly when I hopped on the 3T with 36cm wide bars after 2 hours on 760mm wide bars... It felt really odd.
Nice ride and super rad idea!