Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-11-2019, 01:02 PM

I soldered up a custom wiring harness for my Steel Di2 BreakAway:

One hole drilled up at the DT/HT junction. Unscientifically located (I guessed) below the heat affected zone of the DT/HT TIG weld and above the tube butt transition.

Two splices take the place of the 4-port junction such that the only connection is an eTube JC200 2-port junction located at the DT coupler. The splices were done with heat shrink butt connectors and sealed with adhesive heat shrink tubing. They seem pretty water resistant; however I would not take them swimming.

By utilizing the BB drain hole and dropout vent, I was able to reduce the frame modifications to a single 3mm drilling near the HT.

Here's a crude drawing:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ritchey BreakAway Wiring Diagram.JPG (53.1 KB, 69 views)

Last edited by Look585; 11-11-2019 at 01:04 PM.
Old 11-13-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Do you find you can get a good fit on the XL? I'd love to see a side shot with your saddle height and saddle-to-bars measurement...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I'm out of town for the next two weeks and can send a photo when I get back. The Outback has a very low stack, lower actually, than the BA Road. I'm now running a 0 rise stem and a set of those funky Specialized Hover bars with a +15mm lift to them. It works pretty well. My saddle height is 80cm and I've got only a modest amount of drop to bars.

Oh, and I snagged that ti Cross you to which you alerted me. It'll likely replace the BA Outback, in time, with eTap, of course.
Old 11-13-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermo View Post
I'm out of town for the next two weeks and can send a photo when I get back. The Outback has a very low stack, lower actually, than the BA Road. I'm now running a 0 rise stem and a set of those funky Specialized Hover bars with a +15mm lift to them. It works pretty well. My saddle height is 80cm and I've got only a modest amount of drop to bars.

Oh, and I snagged that ti Cross you to which you alerted me. It'll likely replace the BA Outback, in time, with eTap, of course.
Nice! Was wondering about that when I saw it gone.... Maybe I'll be interested in your BA outback then

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk