Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-09-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
Are we assuming Anthony Davis isn't a center? Cuz hes better than both of them so far this year.
True. KAT belongs in this convo also.

I also think we need to take into account that KAT and Jokic will be at 75+ games this year, and Embiid somewhere around 65, and AD somewhere in between that.
Old 11-09-2019, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Are we assuming Anthony Davis isn't a center? Cuz hes better than both of them so far this year.
Correct, and AD knows this, and would rather not play there
Old 11-09-2019, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr59 View Post
Correct, and AD knows this, and would rather not play there
This is fine for the regular season, but when it really matters in the playoffs, LALs best lineups have Davis at 5. I think LeBron will impress this upon him.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:08 AM

Hey Jaybee … you want to hop on the Doncic Bandwagon? There's still (a little) room. I think AaronO might be right. I'd still take Giannis first as a franchise player over the next five years, but Doncic would be second.

Zach Lowe had a good blurb on him a day or so ago. He anticipates so many moves before executing his own. I think he's averaging close to triple double this season. Really exciting player. Looking forward to getting some cheap(er) seats at the Chase Center to see him.

Just like the Glory Days for the Dubs! You pay to see Iverson, not Speedy Claxton.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:16 AM

Watched a little bit of Doncic last night...

He is a poor man's James Harden. Incredible handle, moves at speeds and rhythms a little bit off from the typical NBA player, top-5 passer, equal parts crafty and bitchy with the refs, better than you think defending on the ball, easily exploitable in help defense.

This has been Hot Take Tuesdays. Please join us next week for another Hot Take fresh from the oven.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:34 AM

Meanwhile Pascal Siakam continues to eat souls north of the border.

Unreal the kind of progress he's made.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post

He is a poor man's James Harden. Incredible handle, moves at speeds and rhythms a little bit off from the typical NBA player, top-5 passer, equal parts crafty and bitchy with the refs, better than you think defending on the ball, easily exploitable in help defense.

This has been Hot Take Tuesdays. Please join us next week for another Hot Take fresh from the oven.
Crispy! Looking forward to the "Full Loaf" next time. Suggested topics: 1) Devin Booker: All -Star! 2) Do the Dubs keep Russell? A modern day TMC? If so, how do they make it work? And who is "Rooney" in that scenario?
Old 11-12-2019, 12:27 PM

If Phx is .500 at the All-Star break, then yes, Booker is an All-Star.

Dubs cannot/should not keep DLo. We didn't get much of a chance to see it, but I don't think he's a fit with Curry. The reason they did a trade for KD was to maintain the ability to go over the cap next year though, so it will be interesting to see who they can flip that 90 million to and what they get back in return.

Flash is right about Siakam- and since it's HTT, I'll go a step further: Spicy P is 100% an EC all-star, a top 5 player in the East and a top 15 player in the league. I could not believe what he was doing against the Lakers. It's also criminal that the league made the Raps play the Clips as a SEGABABA, which robbed us of the chance to see Toronto close it out. Kawhi or not, Toronto is not going anywhere. I think they are still an EC semi-finalist at a minimum, and if it shakes out that they get Boston, Boston should be worried.

If Portland makes the playoffs, Dame Lillard is MVP.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
If Phx is .500 at the All-Star break, then yes, Booker is an All-Star.

Dubs cannot/should not keep DLo. We didn't get much of a chance to see it, but I don't think he's a fit with Curry. The reason they did a trade for KD was to maintain the ability to go over the cap next year though, so it will be interesting to see who they can flip that 90 million to and what they get back in return.

Flash is right about Siakam- and since it's HTT, I'll go a step further: Spicy P is 100% an EC all-star, a top 5 player in the East and a top 15 player in the league. I could not believe what he was doing against the Lakers. It's also criminal that the league made the Raps play the Clips as a SEGABABA, which robbed us of the chance to see Toronto close it out. Kawhi or not, Toronto is not going anywhere. I think they are still an EC semi-finalist at a minimum, and if it shakes out that they get Boston, Boston should be worried.

If Portland makes the playoffs, Dame Lillard is MVP.
I think that would be a great choice. Not sure what his defensive metrics are, but he's a total class act. Oakland High grad! About a three minute walk from my apt...
Old 11-13-2019, 08:29 AM

Don't sleep on Trae Young.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Don't sleep on Trae Young.
Who’s sleeping on Trae Young? Besides the Nuggets backcourt.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Who’s sleeping on Trae Young? Besides the Nuggets backcourt.
Backcourts all across the league if the early returns are any indication.

He's making Jabari Parker into a useful NBA player. Weird world we live in.
Old 11-13-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:

More like a Lebron type. Walking triple double. Don't think Luka has as much scoring ability as Harden =)
Old 11-14-2019, 11:16 AM

Can someone do a wellness check on Mario Hezonja? I think he's still spinning in circles looking for Pascal Siakam.
Old 11-14-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
The narrative around this year was “wide open”, but I think we might look back in July and wonder how we thought anyone but the Clips were going to win it.
since this fateful prediction, the clips are 2-2 against the Jazz/Lakers/Rockets.