Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-12-2019, 06:04 PM

Anybody in lake wide that is using Luck shoes?? comparison?
Old 11-12-2019, 07:20 PM

Yes. Lake CX330 road wide size 43.5.
Custom Luck MTB shoes - special wide. I probably could've gone with regular wide.
Wider than the Lakes.
Was considering the Lake MTB MX1 but figured for $200 USD, I might as well put that money into custom Lucks which were around $460 CAD which includes shipping and tariffs/ duties.
The Lucks are very well made, good materials and the carbon sole is as stiff if not stiffer than any other carbon sole I've had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman6970 View Post
Anybody in lake wide that is using Luck shoes?? comparison?
Old 11-12-2019, 09:55 PM

YOu think regular luck is around the same wide lake?? or at least close?
Old 11-12-2019, 10:57 PM

The person I worked with made it sound like I might be ok with the regular wide so I think their regular wide would be very close to a Lake wide.
When I did the outline of my feet and submitted it, they said I was a Luck size 42.5. That made me nervous because I'm a 43.5 in Lake wide, Sidi Mega and Northwave. In the end I went with a 43 which is 3 mm longer than a 42.5.

I would think if you submitted your outline to them, they would be willing to help you get the right fit. Maybe you are OK with an off the shelf Luck instead of a custom.

This is the page with some sizing steps.
https://luck-bike.es/en/content/tabl...d-shoe-last-18

Next time around I think I would even go with a lower volume upper last. They had me as a green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman6970 View Post
YOu think regular luck is around the same wide lake?? or at least close?
Old 11-13-2019, 12:01 AM

I’m on both Lake wide (Cx332) and Luck custom, also in wide. IMO wide is necessary in Luck if you need it in Lake. Also, I followed their fit recommendations, but went up a half size from their recommendation. I wanted space for my forefoot to breathe and it’s been good so far. They run small but I think their recommendations are on the tight fitting side.
Old 05-21-2020, 08:49 AM

thread dig here: just ordered a new pair of Luck Genius shoes and can't wait for them to arrive. Have been looking at them for years and when it became time for a new pair of shoes I just couldn't bring myself to pay $400+ for Specialized or similar.

They have some great prices on close-outs: 90euro for the Genius, which is normally 250euro+

Will report back when they arrive in a few weeks!
Old 05-21-2020, 11:31 AM

Close outs on custom or their stock sizes? Eight months in, I’m loving mine and would buy more in a heartbeat.
Old 05-21-2020, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomridesout View Post
Close outs on custom or their stock sizes? Eight months in, I’m loving mine and would buy more in a heartbeat.
stock....I picked up the Genius in the calavera/skull colors for 90-euro + shipping. works out to be around $145 USD all-in, which is pretty dang good.
Old 05-21-2020, 12:33 PM

The skull colors are up to about 110 euro and definitely not my bag, so that’s a relief. Hope you enjoy them, they’re very nice shoes.
Old 05-21-2020, 12:35 PM

Still love my Luck Genius!!

I should take advantage of the sale and buy another pair!

Luck shoes are the best cycling shoes I've ever had (Sidi, Carnac, Lake)

btw, I have a super clean pair of red Lake CX402s in size 44 that need to find a new home.
Old 06-18-2021, 04:22 PM

I am looking to replace an old set of Sidi's (size 43) and was looking at Northwaves until I came across this thread. Luck appears to be a really good value even if custom isn't needed. They have the Genius for €129 right now in a "Graffiti" color that I think would work great for me: https://www.luck-bike.es/gb/outlet-d...ml#/7-talla-42

I am curious about sizing. Based on their guidance, seems I'd be at a 41.5, so thinking to go with 42. Anyone know how the fit compares to Sidi? My feet are pretty average, maybe on the narrower side, but not needing custom.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:21 PM

My Sidi Wires are size 44 and my Luck Genius are size 43. I have somewhat narrow feet and I prefer almost everything about the Luck shoes which says a lot since I have worn Sidi shoes for almost 40 years. Fit, comfort, materials are all top notch. I have had the Luck shoes loosen up a bit more often on rides but it’s a cinch to tighten them up on the fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000m2 View Post
I am looking to replace an old set of Sidi's (size 43) and was looking at Northwaves until I came across this thread. Luck appears to be a really good value even if custom isn't needed. They have the Genius for €129 right now in a "Graffiti" color that I think would work great for me: https://www.luck-bike.es/gb/outlet-d...ml#/7-talla-42

I am curious about sizing. Based on their guidance, seems I'd be at a 41.5, so thinking to go with 42. Anyone know how the fit compares to Sidi? My feet are pretty average, maybe on the narrower side, but not needing custom.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati2 View Post
My Sidi Wires are size 44 and my Luck Genius are size 43. I have somewhat narrow feet and I prefer almost everything about the Luck shoes which says a lot since I have worn Sidi shoes for almost 40 years. Fit, comfort, materials are all top notch. I have had the Luck shoes loosen up a bit more often on rides but it’s a cinch to tighten them up on the fly.
Thanks, very helpful! I've been wearing Sidi for about 20 yrs now and looking to try something new.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:56 PM

Quote:

that's a good lookin shoe............

Old 06-18-2021, 07:11 PM

Just to be clear, I prefer the ratchet mechanism on the Luck shoes over Sidi’s mechanism even though the Luck shoes require a bit more adjusting during a ride.

Quote:
Thanks, very helpful! I've been wearing Sidi for about 20 yrs now and looking to try something new.