Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-31-2023, 12:07 PM

cyclingupgrades.com- good people!

No relationship to the business, but I'll make an unsolicited plug for an online source for some cool framesets, similar to Pro's Closet, based near SLC, UT. I was" fishing" ebay, as we do when we already have a full quiver but still need to scratch the itch, when I caught a (Eisen)traut that was perfect size, but but but toooo many bikes already! I went to their website and negotiated a trade deal that resulted in a guilt-free, (n-2)+(n+1)=n-1 AND a pretty piece of framebuilding history by Albert Eisentraut, the godfather of American effbuilding hisself. cyclingupgrades.com has a good turnover of some nice framesets and used components, fair prices (IMHO) and the trade-in values they offered made it a good deal for me, especially when the whole arrangement was hassle-free, and shipping for my trade-ins was pre-paid. Korby the owner is good people, I had a great experience, they deserve a free plug.

More on the Eisentraut later, I'm thinking a retro-ish build with Suntour superbe/cyclone triple drivetrain, Shimano 10sp cassette, DT shifters to make this a Sunday rider for the local hills. Or just a 105 11 speed resto-mod setup, I have full parts for either. Decisions!

Old 05-31-2023, 01:31 PM

Beautiful frame. Remember seeing a lot of those in the Midwest back in the day. That one looks like it's in great condition. Curious to hear how you like the ride.

And I'll vote for 11sp build. That one does not need a triple.
Old 05-31-2023, 01:43 PM

Yes, Korby and his team are great people. Korby is a die hard and extremely competitive cyclist. His passion for the sport drives his business, as well as his inventory. He is a huge Serotta fan, and often has a number of very hard to find Serotta frames in stock.

I have had the chance to work with him a fair amount of the last couple years. And while his prices may seem a little higher than most on used gear, he take meticulous care in cleaning parts and making sure they function correctly.

He once mistakenly purchased a Black Inc, integrated bar and stem that turned out to be counterfeit. He refused to sell it to his customers!!!
Old 05-31-2023, 04:40 PM

Echo what others say in this thread. Korby is a great asset to the cycling community and good people.