Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-31-2023, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototoast View Post
I haven't had a good ride in about 2 years. 2 years ago, I got a bad speed wobble, and even though I managed to hold it together, it really shook my confidence. Then, about 6 months later, I crashed on wet roads at fairly low speeds. It didn't seem like it should have been that bad at the time, but my knee is still a mess from it.

I still like riding, but now every ride has enough pain and anxiety, that it's not the same as it was before. I just keep at it. Hoping that someday I'll have a breakthrough and can have that real satisfying ride again.
Do you ride solo? I'm in Brentwood but my oldest is moving back home and got an apartment in Walnut Creek so I'll be out that way more often. Riding with someone else might make the miles go by more smoothly and pleasurably. Let me know and we can roll together sometime. I've had three rough crashes the last four or five years along with seeing a buddy go down HARD going about 50mph down the east side of Kirker three years ago so I know that anxious feeling along with riding in pain.