Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Marketplace > Vendors

Old 02-09-2020, 01:46 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fignon's barber View Post
I've got the integrated, but I replaced the Tectro headset with a Campagnolo Record headset. I think these Columbus SLX will be a nice choice for people who like to knock out century rides and other long steady rides with a vintage panache. The denser tubes will give a really smooth ride. They look really nice too. I love the Prima, I'd only trade it for a ti Pathos (they weren't around when I got my Prima).
That's nice you replaced the headset with a Campy. I really want to build the Epopea with a classic C-Record kit for the show. It would looks amazing like that. Or a silver Record 9 kit. Polished Shamal wheels.

I'm looking forward to the frame. I love classic steel lugged frames. It should be a fantastic ride.

I just finished a custom Pathos for someone. Doriano has the design and will start on it in the coming weeks. The buyer is replacing a Jaegher that got damaged by a car. It will his first titanium frame.
Old 02-10-2020, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocipede View Post
The Prima is available in the integrated(integrated) and external(Esterno or Esposto(Exposed)) headset style. Both being named Prima though, I've had questions as to why and what's the difference. So I am trying to help people understand the difference. Which one do you have?
I have had both. At the time, I was also told the chainstays were a bit different to allow for slightly more tire but I was had pressed to find a difference
Old 02-10-2020, 08:24 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryun View Post
I have had both. At the time, I was also told the chainstays were a bit different to allow for slightly more tire but I was had pressed to find a difference
They are. The X-Stays used by Bixxis are crafted in-house. It allows for more tire clearance. I wish it could be 32mm, but sadly no. Most riders are using 28's for road bikes though so the frames will fit those fine.
Old 02-18-2020, 01:04 PM
Vendor

Stunning! Love the finish on this Epopea frameset.
Old 02-18-2020, 06:13 PM

I saw that on Instagram today & said Wow!
Old 02-18-2020, 07:50 PM
Vendor

It's gorgeous. Everything about it. Especially since it has downtube shifter mounts. I would totally build it up with a classic C-Record kit with downtube shifters. The only thing I would change, chromed lugs, dropout tabs and chrome chainstay. A real classic. I would love to see one like that. If I get one I would do that.

Last edited by Velocipede; 02-18-2020 at 10:46 PM.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv_vt View Post
Somebody needs to start making decent looking quill stems for 31.8 handlebars with all these threaded steerer tube bikes coming back into vogue.

Or you just need to budget for a custom quill stem when you order the frame. I have two - one from Winter Cycles and one from Ti Cycle Fabrication...
31.8 handlebars won´t look good against those smaller diameter tubes. The beauty is in thin everywhere.
Old 03-29-2020, 09:40 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by colker View Post
31.8 handlebars won´t look good against those smaller diameter tubes. The beauty is in thin everywhere.
I kind of agree. I think if it's the right stem and a silver bar, then it'll look fine. But it needs a stem with a shape like the Deda or a classic 3TTT. Once the bar is wrapped it won't be as noticeable. But since no one makes a 31.8 quill that looks good right now, kind of stuck with 26.0. But since those worked fine for decades, I think I'd be fine with it. And 31.8 will look better than a 35.0!!
Old 03-29-2020, 06:22 PM

Quote:
I kind of agree. I think if it's the right stem and a silver bar, then it'll look fine. But it needs a stem with a shape like the Deda or a classic 3TTT. Once the bar is wrapped it won't be as noticeable. But since no one makes a 31.8 quill that looks good right now, kind of stuck with 26.0. But since those worked fine for decades, I think I'd be fine with it. And 31.8 will look better than a 35.0!!
I am on an ITM phase right now. Give me the goccia or 400 w/ one of their super europa bars.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:32 PM
il Curmudgeoni

I am really digging this. I don't need another bike but I'd sure love to have one of these. Would he build one that would take medium reach brakes or at least set the brakes high enough that it would fit 30mm tires?
Old 03-29-2020, 09:30 PM
Vendor

Quote:
I am on an ITM phase right now. Give me the goccia or 400 w/ one of their super europa bars.
I just looked at the ITM site and didn't see those stems and bars. Curious what they look like.
Old 03-29-2020, 09:40 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by choke View Post
I am really digging this. I don't need another bike but I'd sure love to have one of these. Would he build one that would take medium reach brakes or at least set the brakes high enough that it would fit 30mm tires?
The Epopea will certainly fit a 28. I will ask if they have a 30 they can try on it. But if you wanted a longer reach brake, Doriano could do it. The frames are made from scratch so it can be made how ever you'd like.
Old 03-30-2020, 08:51 AM

Quote:
I just looked at the ITM site and didn't see those stems and bars. Curious what they look like.
You have to look for NOS stuff.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l400.jpg (10.2 KB, 153 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0635-768x512.jpg (24.4 KB, 153 views)
File Type: jpg ITM_Goccia_Silver_Quill_Stem_130mm_Shopwear_01.jpg (69.9 KB, 150 views)
Old 03-30-2020, 10:45 AM
Vendor

Quote:
You have to look for NOS stuff.
AH! I thought it was something they were still making currently. I remember those. They were nice. The one thing I was never a fan of was their sleeved bar. Like the older Cinelli. I tried to stick with 3TTT due to that. Once everyone got away from the sleeves, I look at them more. I also liked the 3TTT drop shape more. Ritchey used the same shape for awhile(same manufacturer also). I would love it if someone made a 3TTT Forma SL bar in a 31.8 and a stem to match but with a 22.2mm quill. I've contemplated having some prototypes made. Just haven't gotten around to giving the designs to them. Too much other stuff to do.
Old 03-31-2020, 03:12 PM

TBH, easiest to get the Nitto Pearl and associated handlebar...