Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skenry View Post
No difference to me what you call it, or what your President calls it.
I am not condoning tribalism nor negative acts, neither is He. People hating asian people don't hate on them because of this sickness, they were racist a year ago too. I wish we could have closed our borders sooner, at all really. The press would have crucified him for that though.

I have been a fireman now for 24 years, your phonetical wishes nor your nationality really make no difference to me and my guys. A sickness started, I'll bet you a steak dinner, not here in my God blessed United States of America. The only job I have is to stabilize a sickie best I can, make a decision on transporting or not and then cleaning my crew back up properly to go home. Thankfully here in Ohio it's not bad at all, obviously worse in those couple cities on the two coasts.

Past that, no whining online, it won't do any good. Go buy toilet paper, stock up on food, fuel & ammo and prepare to take care of your families. Things will be getting much worse unless we get to a true lockdown.
And you know someone's nationality by demanding his/her birth certificate/passport?

You should probably stop posting on this. At least until you understand the difference between ethnicity and nationality.
Old 03-31-2020, 11:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by echappist View Post
And you know someone's nationality by demanding his/her birth certificate/passport?

You should probably stop posting on this. At least until you understand the difference between ethnicity and nationality.

I think you know exactly what he meant - it doesn't matter WHO the people are or where they came from, they will help them...but by all means stir something up.

Meaning don't.

W.
Old 03-31-2020, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
I think you know exactly what he meant - it doesn't matter WHO the people are or where they came from, they will help them...but by all means stir something up.

Meaning don't.

W.
Thanks! Sucks when folks go that route.
Old 03-31-2020, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echappist View Post

Is that really how you are choosing to talk to me? Would you say that in person?
Try to be nice.

But yes, I'd love to be able to ask for someone's papers. It would be a game changer in cost/recovery .
Old 03-31-2020, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skenry View Post
Is that really how you are choosing to talk to me? Would you say that in person?
Try to be nice.

But yes, I'd love to be able to ask for someone's papers. It would be a game changer in cost/recovery .
If it was up to you, you would deny someone assistance on American soil based on their nationality?
Old 03-31-2020, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJones View Post
You would deny someone assistance on American soil based on their nationality?
He didn't say that???
Old 03-31-2020, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJones View Post
If it was up to you, you would deny someone assistance on American soil based on their nationality?
Now your being silly.
Old 03-31-2020, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
He didn't say that???
Words can can have different intent. I was trying to understand:

"But yes, I'd love to be able to ask for someone's papers. It would be a game changer in cost/recovery ."

Instead of getting to the point I should have asked if it was meant in a clerical / reimbursment kinda thing, which I suppose is the other interpretation of that statement.

Again, looking to understand where people are coming from.

Last edited by BobbyJones; 03-31-2020 at 12:31 PM.
Old 03-31-2020, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Seriously? Knock it off. If you want to discuss the virus please do otherwise it may be time to shut it down if you can't do that.

W.
Old 03-31-2020, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Seriously? Knock it off. If you want to discuss the virus please do otherwise it may be time to shut it down if you can't do that.

W.
just give repeat offender 24 hours off.. then 48..then a week.
Old 03-31-2020, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Just going to close it until this evening.
Old 03-31-2020, 01:31 PM

OT: Yes, you should wear a mask

That seems to be the new conclusion that the CDC is coming to. At first I hated wearing a mask because it causes my glasses to fog up, but I'm getting used to it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/31/h...ronavirus.html
Old 03-31-2020, 01:36 PM

I was advised by a good friend working at Cedars (LA), that I should be wearing a mask when I go to the store. Not from the droplets, but more so for not toughing my mouth or nose after contacting plastics and door handles..
Old 03-31-2020, 01:46 PM

With all due respect, this is the โ€œPandemic Threadโ€ (locked until further notice) under a different name.
Old 03-31-2020, 04:33 PM

masks for all?

what is the over/under on that?
latest (simplified) model just based on rate of infection per week (Rw), defined as (total cases for week 'n' divided by total cases for week 'n-1') x 100. It has this stark prediciton:
"United States
US saw its first case on of COVID-19 on Jan 20, 2020. US observed its Phase 1 from Feb 29 to Mar 6 with ๐‘…๐‘ค of 4660. Now currently it is in Phase 2 with a slow decay of ๐‘…๐‘ค. This slow decay would take form of steep normal curve leading to huge increase in ๐‘ƒ๐ถ๐‘Š and is expected to reach 400,000 positive cases within Apr 3. "
It also means the "safe phase" (when there are declining new cases) of the curve is when Rw is 100 or less, and that Italy will achieve that this week (by 3 April), which seems POSSIBLE since today's news (NPR) was "The past 24 hours saw 4,053 new infections, just THREE MORE than the previous day".
Obviously Rw won't be less than 100 unless there are fewer new cases in week 'n' than in the previous week 'n-1', but if today they report 3 less than yesterday, and that hold, the ratio will be less than 1 and Rw less than 100

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...235v1.full.pdf

Mods if you don't want another thread, just delete it. I just wanted to post something data driven and a bit easier to understand that shows we will need to do our part for the near future, and possibly more than many areas are doing now.
Closed Thread