Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-13-2020, 09:03 PM

Bought some flat mount short pull Paul Klampers and was going to run Campy

I have some 12 spd Campagnolo inbound and was going to run some short pull flat mount Klampers that I also purchased and then came across a thread about campagnolo specific pull versions. I did not realize when I purchased them that there would be an issue. Is there anything I can do to ensure they will work with this set up or should I send the Klampers back? Are they completely incompatible?
Old 08-13-2020, 09:05 PM

I thought they made a Campy specific Klamper no?
Old 08-13-2020, 09:07 PM

If you bought them new I would ask about an exchange, otherwise you can buy just the Campy actuation arms and swap out:

https://www.paulcomp.com/shop/servic...uator-arm-kit/
Old 08-13-2020, 09:07 PM

The only difference is the arms, and you can order them separate for short/long/campy pull.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:14 PM

Looks like the Campagnolo pull are out of stock at the moment. I will see if I can order the actuation arms. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2020, 07:07 AM

I got my Campy arms direct from Paul. Make sure that you get the flat mount arms as they are somehow different from the post mount. The site shows that they are in stock. If you don't need them right away you might try an exchange but stock is likely to be an issue.
Old 08-14-2020, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalax View Post
I got my Campy arms direct from Paul. Make sure that you get the flat mount arms as they are somehow different from the post mount. The site shows that they are in stock. If you don't need them right away you might try an exchange but stock is likely to be an issue.
Ordered a set last night!
Old 08-14-2020, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilltopperny View Post
Ordered a set last night!
Now the question is....when will you get them?
Old 08-14-2020, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtakeda View Post
Now the question is....when will you get them?
That is a good question. I am hoping that they are able to mail out small parts in a reasonable amount of time. I just got word today that the bike shipped and all the other parts should be here within a week, so now I will get a little more antsy about it. Not holding my breath though.

I had to order the Klampers from two different retailers just to get a pair and one is all black while the other is black and orange!

I am debating on a power torque 11spd build on the incoming bike and putting the 12 spd on my road bike, so at least that may keep me occupied for a bit!
Old 08-23-2023, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalax View Post
How do you like them, and which levers are you using them with?
Old 08-23-2023, 08:34 PM

Currently riding a SR group with Paul Klamper FM calipers. Bought them separately and with different ideas so they are still utilizing the standard and short pull arms they came with. I did end up buying the campy pull arms which seem to be the shortest but haven’t actually gotta around to installing them. They work good enough as is so I’m sure the campy pull arms will be fantastic
Old 08-23-2023, 09:42 PM

I had a set of post mount Klampers with Campy arms with Potenza levers on a Lynskey Urbano and more recently flat mount with Campy arms with Potenza levers on a Swiss Cross V2. Both worked well, easy to set up and center.
Old 08-23-2023, 11:22 PM

Adam, I have a set of silver klampers with campy arms that are not in use. If you have silver, klampers (which I doubt considering all groups are black), lmk.
Old 08-23-2023, 11:28 PM

One of the issues is making sure there is clearance to route the cable to the Klamper arm, as it sits far to the left relative to where a disc hydro hose enters the caliper. It looks like Ritchey frames can work, any other steel or Ti road frames that could accommodate them?
Old 08-24-2023, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmr_santa_fe View Post
One of the issues is making sure there is clearance to route the cable to the Klamper arm, as it sits far to the left relative to where a disc hydro hose enters the caliper. It looks like Ritchey frames can work, any other steel or Ti road frames that could accommodate them?
For frames where the brake line/cable are routed on the top of the chainstay it shouldn't be a problem. If it was an internal line routed on the inside of the stay it could be.
IMO it's more likely to find a problem with certain forks. I had an Enve CX which routed the cable/line to the inside of the fork which was a bit tight. It still worked. Forks with the routing on the back of the fork worked fine for me, ie Whisky, Ritchey.
The older Klamper post mounts had the attachment to the arm farther out than the flat mount and newer post Klampers do.