Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-30-2020, 11:02 PM

OT: paypal in corona times.

Anybody knows if paypal is answering their phones?
Old 03-31-2020, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman6970 View Post
Anybody knows if paypal is answering their phones?
not sure, but they sure are still taking our moneys.... im sure they are answering the phone.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:31 AM

I don’t have the exact answer and this maybe helpful to understand what’s happened to support lines.

Not sure...many organizations that off shore chat rooms and help desks are in India and when India shut down so too did the chat rooms and help desks mainly because their infrastructure wasn’t built with a work from home model.

Large organizations may of had a contingency plan bringing it back to the US, Canada or basically somewhere else.

Other organizations may not have a plan b.

What this all means...
Organizations need to be transparent in their communication to customers and customer need patience ...as organizations sort out how to re-establish their help line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2020, 08:38 AM

Paypal website reports wait times will be longer. Ebay website says no live help.
I needed help with an ebay issue and sent e mail. It was answered and the issue resolved within 1 day.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:39 AM
Vendor

I sat on hold for 2 hours and gave up finally the other night. And they are taking forever on emails. So, they may have some people there, but it doesn't seem like it by my interactions this week.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:56 AM

That's the reason i was asking, noticed in other companies too that they take forever to answer.

Hope companies finally realize that some stuff really needs to be kept locally.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:30 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman6970 View Post
That's the reason i was asking, noticed in other companies too that they take forever to answer.

Hope companies finally realize that some stuff really needs to be kept locally.
My wife works for a big national bank and since she's home I have heard her mention their call center in India being closed. I get the whole saving money thing, but seriously, it would be great to keep customer services in the US.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:57 AM

Many companies did that and is causing a big problem now and did before. My wife works for a corporation and like 3 years ago they saved a lot of money firing all the local costumer service and sending it to india. Soon they will have costumer service routed to all the home employees (for real).

I have a couple of questions with paypal credit and usually used the live chat but that thing is gone. The bad part is that if you have a nasty problem which is not my case, the client gonna have to wait forever to get help. Which sucks :/
Old 03-31-2020, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocipede View Post
I get the whole saving money thing, but seriously, it would be great to keep customer services in the US.
But, but, SHAREHOLDER VALUE must be created......and some VP wants their bonus and stock options...

I hope one of the outcomes of this whole tragedy is a reassessment of what it means to have a sustainable economy, living wages, critical infrastructure and supply chain protections, and healthcare provision that keeps us all well.
Old 03-31-2020, 01:18 PM
Riding Along

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
But, but, SHAREHOLDER VALUE must be created......and some VP wants their bonus and stock options...

I hope one of the outcomes of this whole tragedy is a reassessment of what it means to have a sustainable economy, living wages, critical infrastructure and supply chain protections, and healthcare provision that keeps us all well.
That would be so nice. With all of the wealth and potential in the USA this is the real head scratcher. Why so many have so little and so few have so much. There is no need for this and more than a few places have this figured out.

Last edited by Black Dog; 03-31-2020 at 11:45 PM.
Old 03-31-2020, 01:35 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post

It's funny you say that. Cause like 6 months ago they purchased a large amount of oil and gas shares and they figure they will lose $100-400 million due to everything going on right now. My wife's division has to do with govt regulations and they have a couple openings that need filled. She's gotten approval to fill them last week and now this week they said no. Cause, you know, save money. It really is all about the Benjamins!
Old 03-31-2020, 01:42 PM

No phone support. I just got scammed and now I'm F*d because I can't get a hold of anyone...
Old 03-31-2020, 01:48 PM

Sh...t! I have some paypal credit stuff due in a few days, I been paying but i do not see the numbers off the account. JUst dont want the suckers to charge me because I havent been paying, being that i have been.
Old 03-31-2020, 02:16 PM
Vendor

my problem is I am still waiting months later for something I bought my wife and I filed a claim and haven't heard anything. And I got got hit for a $150 subscription charge I didn't know I had. Trying to get that back too. Sucks no one is answering.
Old 03-31-2020, 02:29 PM

Just tried to call Bank of America cuz my login for my auto loan won't work and their reset system is crapping out...... 2.5 hr hold time estimate