Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-30-2020, 08:57 PM

I'm considered "essential", on call, and just walked in the door from an 11 hour day. I feel like I'm going to get it, if I haven't already, because I work in grocery stores servicing the refrigeration. I know that the cases aren't sanitized, ever, and thousands of people are touching them daily. I wear gloves and wash my hands constantly but I feel like that's just prolonging it. I guess I'm done whining, it looks like the store supplies are starting to get replenished and everyone has all their hoarding taken care of.

It seems to me that because of the isolation, we are beginning to get back to spending time together as family and friend groups, taking better note of each other, noticing things like the weather and nature. These are all good things coming out of the pandemic, hopefully they will last.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in SLO View Post
Great thread!
Similarly to sjbraun, three of us who love a particular and brewery in town have been getting four packs of talls to go and ding ding ditching each other‘s houses about once a week. I did it yesterday, and it was fun to hear “Thanks, Steve!“ As I was getting back in my car.
Apparently, Steves think alike!
Old 03-31-2020, 06:33 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarry View Post
Feeling especially fortunate to have my job. We’ve staggered employee working hours so no more than two arrive/depart at the same time. One person to a truck. I’m only at the shop to re-fuel and pick up supplies. Working north of Boulder this week, servicing hydrants. They are my babies—3/4 done with our annual survey/servicing/repair of 1200.
Glad to hear it..yes, in spite of some knuckleheads, we ARE fortunate to be in and around the 'republic'. AND to have Polis as a Governor..I think he is doing a VERY objective and non political job..His pressers are actually informative, not political BS and electionerring..
Old 03-31-2020, 06:38 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtechnica View Post
Well I’m 34 and pretty healthy. I had pneumonia or something like it last year and have allergies and possibly minor asthma at times, so that’s the only thing making me worried. I’m not overweight and don’t have high BP. Basically at this point I’m hoping for the best... the alternative is not working which is tempting but I’d need to get a job someday, 6-8 months from now if I was frugal, at which point I would be out of money and might have trouble finding work because of the economy. Not to mention no work = no heath insurance.

Anyway sorry to derail the thread.
NO derail!!!..Good luck, my son had 'it' and yes, he felt like crappola for 4-5 days but is 100% fine now...