Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Marketplace > Vendors

Old 04-27-2020, 05:24 PM
Vendor

NAHBS 2020 / 2021 show bikes

With the rescheduling of NAHBS for the end of August, I've had a few people ask about getting bikes made so they could be displayed at the show either this year or in 2021. I love doing this for people. I've had many bikes in the booth before for clients. In 2019, of the 12 there, 10 were client builds(1 was my personal bike). Doing client bikes for the show is great because it gives others ideas for their upcoming or future builds.

So since NAHBS is in late August, or of course for 2021, and I already have 4 PLF members getting frames/bikes(3 Bixxis, 1 Grandis) and want to display them, I figured I would put the word out if anyone else wanted to do the same, they are more than welcome too.

Just send me a PM or email at info@velocipedeimports.com I'm happy to discuss things with you, how it all works and what you get out of it. Besides the whole people checking out your bike and all the media exposure, if your bike is entered into an award category, and it wins, we will get you a duplicate of the award!

While some can't stand shows, I personally love them. I love showing off ideas that we or clients have come up with. It's really nothing to do with sales as much as just getting to discuss and display beautiful machines and why someone created their forever bike.
Old 04-27-2020, 05:29 PM
Vendor

We had this bike at NAHBS Hartford. It's owned by a client in the Columbus, Ohio area. He actually owns an Enigma Evoke titanium road disc frame from us as well. It was never at a show though.

It's an Enigma Elite HSS frame made using Columbus Spirit steel tubing. It was built with a Shimano Ultegra R8000 hydro kit. Handmade custom carbon wheels, an Enigma bar, bar tape, stem, seatpost and saddle. Finished in a classic panels design in the Gulf Racing colorway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3550.jpg (154.8 KB, 446 views)

Last edited by Velocipede; 04-27-2020 at 10:25 PM.
Old 04-27-2020, 05:44 PM
Vendor

This absolute stunner was displayed at NAHBS 2019. It was made for a shop owner in Pennsylvania. It was entered into the Best CycloCross Bike awards. It was sadly runner up. It lost because, as the judges said, "it was too pretty to ride and get dirty". The funny thing is it was always going to be ridden and raced. It just hadn't been delivered yet.

The frame is a custom 3/2.5 titanium frame, fully custom geometry, finish and build. The geometry was based on a Trek Boone that he loved so we recreated it in titanium. Originally it was supposed to be stainless but Columbus was not making XCr chain and seatstays in the length needed. So ti it was.

A custom ChromIllusions color changing paint with polished titanium chain and seatstays. The graphics are a shadow chrome paint. Originally supposed to be polished ti, the choice to paint was made because the ChromIllusions paint is so thick, there would've been a pretty serious divot where the graphics are.

A SRAM Force 1x with Zipp wheelset, bar, stem and seatpost round out the main build parts. A Fabric saddle, FMB cotton/silk cyclocross tires and SupaCaz bar tape finish it off. The only carbon aside from the fork is the seatpost and cranks. Neither of which are super light. But the overall build comes in at 18 pounds even without pedals!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5611.jpg (128.1 KB, 447 views)

Last edited by Velocipede; 04-27-2020 at 10:28 PM.
Old 04-27-2020, 07:08 PM

Got any pictures of th purple one dirty?
Old 04-27-2020, 07:18 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V View Post
Got any pictures of th purple one dirty?
Yep. Including one of him on a run-up. It's his daily ride. He has a couple wheelsets so he can switch them out for racing/mud and road riding.
Old 04-28-2020, 07:36 AM
Vendor

This one was at the show last year and coming back as a demo/display bike. Originally only 10 were being made because of how much of a pain it is to make. All of the housing- brake and derailleur are run internally fully. From the levers all the way to the calipers and derailleurs.

This Grandis Overmax Supreme Disc is seriously unique. Not just because of the fully internally routed housing, but because it's a tig welded Columbus steel frame, it's flat mount disc brakes, it's thru-axles and it has an internal expander wedge seatpost! A lot went into this frame.

The seatpost is a custom carbon fiber post with in internal expander. Available in two lengths- 250 and 350. It continues the super clean lines of the bike. The Deda Alanera bar comes stock with the frameset as does the Deda headset and spacers.

This bike was built up with SRAM Red but I have a Shimano Dura Ace Di2 in the works right now for a client. This bike is fully custom geometry and finish wise. Personally I love the finish on this. Reminds me a bit of the BMW M Series colors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2019426183612.jpg (61.3 KB, 385 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9740.jpg (30.6 KB, 383 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9755.jpg (29.3 KB, 379 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9750.jpg (19.9 KB, 378 views)
Old 04-28-2020, 07:45 AM
Administrator

lovely bike!

i does surprise me that with all the trouble it is to run internal wiring and get it to look good and clean, that someone would not just opt for wireless, but everyone has their preferences. i have to guess campy and shimano wont be too much further behind in the wireless game. i'm guessing that will have an effect on what framebuilders need to do to conceal wires that are no longer there!

what bottle cages are those, do you know? they look sleek. i like them.
Old 04-28-2020, 08:03 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
lovely bike!

i does surprise me that with all the trouble it is to run internal wiring and get it to look good and clean, that someone would not just opt for wireless, but everyone has their preferences. i have to guess campy and shimano wont be too much further behind in the wireless game. i'm guessing that will have an effect on what framebuilders need to do to conceal wires that are no longer there!

what bottle cages are those, do you know? they look sleek. i like them.
While I am not a huge fan of SRAM, I get the love of no wires. And it of course works great on a frame like this or any aero frame. Super clean. Fortunately Di2 wires are slim so it's not like you need much room. And they've been routing them internally for a while now. So no issue. It's just a pain to run EVERYTHING internally. That headtube/headset/stem area can be a nightmare.

Bottle cages... Elite Leggero carbon cage.
Old 04-28-2020, 12:17 PM

The run up photo is awesome. If that was me I'd get it framed and hang it in the house.
Old 04-28-2020, 01:18 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V View Post
The run up photo is awesome. If that was me I'd get it framed and hang it in the house.
I'm not sure what he did. I know it's on the shops FB page though.
Old 04-28-2020, 04:21 PM

Yes, great photo! The good ol days of 'cross racing
Old 04-28-2020, 04:43 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_douglas View Post
Yes, great photo! The good ol days of 'cross racing
His photo is from November? I'd have check to see the posted date.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:45 AM
head to toe Assos

That guys gut makes me believe I can still ride this summer with my COVID food pregnancy.
Old 04-30-2020, 09:06 AM
Vendor

This bike was in the BIXXIS booth at NAHBS 2018 and sadly the rider got hit recently. Doriano does frames in batches. So a batch of steel at a time, then titanium. He happened to be on steel when this happened so I was lucky enough to get Matt's frame in the jig pretty quickly. I placed the order on March 11, as of April 23, it was almost done with paint. So 5 weeks. He's getting the exact same frame and finish so Bixxis had the geometry and paint details already. The client is getting his bike back sooner than expected and he'll be ready for the season in a couple weeks.
Old 05-01-2020, 07:42 AM
Vendor

This beautiful Bixxis Prima was displayed at the Japan bike show- Cycle Mode, in 2019. That's why Doriano wasn't at NAHBS; they are at the same time of year. The buyer is from Europe so he was fine with it getting some airmiles. Thankfully it made it safe back to the owner after the show.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg prima_v2-5.jpg (63.2 KB, 233 views)
File Type: jpg bixxis_aprile_2019-57.jpg (92.1 KB, 234 views)