Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-05-2019, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
So the Rockets definitely got jobbed last night - that Harden dunk should have counted, and in a purely additive world would have been the difference between a win and a loss, but....

...impossible to say what would have happened with different score/time scenario

... refs miss calls all the time - not sure why this one is terribly different than a phantom foul that awards 2 FTs that shouldnt be or a missed travel in front of a scoring move.

... it's the Rockets, so it's hard to have sympathy for the "well, akshually" types behind that memo to the league (these are the calls that were missed and our assigned point value which means we won) following the 2018 WCF.

Maybe don't lose a 20 point lead to the Lonnie Walker Spurs before you lose your **** over one call.
Yeah but refs can't tell when a dunk happens. Tends to call into question a lot of that game.

And every bucket matters.
Old 12-06-2019, 02:47 PM

Not sure if there’s much crossover but in my basketball group chat I get sent these regularly. I’m not a Twitter guy but I am an “I think you should leave guy”

https://mobile.twitter.com/nbaleave
Old 12-07-2019, 10:40 AM

Just because.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rooney.jpg (95.6 KB, 67 views)
Old 12-16-2019, 11:43 AM

Giannis is absurd. Harden is absurd. The whole league is absurd right now. The Bucks may never lose again and we get a Lakers/Bucks finals.

Unless the Raptors and Clips decide to spoil things, but this looks like the year of Giannis so far.

At least the Hawks get Collins back next week.
Old 12-16-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
Giannis is absurd. Harden is absurd. The whole league is absurd right now. The Bucks may never lose again and we get a Lakers/Bucks finals.

Unless the Raptors and Clips decide to spoil things, but this looks like the year of Giannis so far.

At least the Hawks get Collins back next week.
Giannis is posting these amazing numbers and he's not even playing 4 quarters, because the Bucks are housing teams so badly. I need a Lebron/Giannis torch-passing Finals in the worst way. They are just killing everyone right now. And even then, they may not be the best teams in their conference - the Clips, Rockets, Raptors and Sixers are kinda built for the playoffs when your best five get 40 minutes each.
Old 12-16-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Giannis is posting these amazing numbers and he's not even playing 4 quarters, because the Bucks are housing teams so badly. I need a Lebron/Giannis torch-passing Finals in the worst way. They are just killing everyone right now. And even then, they may not be the best teams in their conference - the Clips, Rockets, Raptors and Sixers are kinda built for the playoffs when your best five get 40 minutes each.
Which is great in theory, but the Bucks just keep putting everyone in the trash can.

Its a loooong season and December predictions rarely become reality in April and May, but man, agreed we need some heavyweight LeBron/Giannis haymakers in the playoffs.
Old 12-16-2019, 12:21 PM

I'm not as excited by the NBA this year and I'm not sure why. Plenty to love: the resurgence (if that's even the right word) of LeBron, Giannis, and Doncic has been magnificent. I'm hoping the ennui I felt about most pro sports hasn't affected how I feel about the NBA....
Old 12-16-2019, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
I'm not as excited by the NBA this year and I'm not sure why. Plenty to love: the resurgence (if that's even the right word) of LeBron, Giannis, and Doncic has been magnificent. I'm hoping the ennui I felt about most pro sports hasn't affected how I feel about the NBA....
It's not just you. Ratings are down everywhere, despite the NBA knowers being super-excited over the most wide-open league in 10ish years. I think there is something to not having a real juggernaut to root for or against. If you're like me, don't really have a favorite team, happy to just watch basketbal even if it's Knicks-Cavs on a random Tuesday night (Ok, that's more self-flagellation than entertainment, but you get me), then the wide-openness is driving interest. But for most sane people, it doesn't.
Old 12-16-2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
It's not just you. Ratings are down everywhere, despite the NBA knowers being super-excited over the most wide-open league in 10ish years. I think there is something to not having a real juggernaut to root for or against. If you're like me, don't really have a favorite team, happy to just watch basketbal even if it's Knicks-Cavs on a random Tuesday night (Ok, that's more self-flagellation than entertainment, but you get me), then the wide-openness is driving interest. But for most sane people, it doesn't.
Well, maybe that's it. I live(d) in Juggernaut City. I actually rooted against the Dubs when Steinbrenner signed Durant. It's good to have an "Evil Empire." Hard to root against LeBron when he's beating the crap out of Father Time. Rooting against Giannis is like hating Frosty the Snowman. Harden is this generation's Stockton/Malone. A great player with a transcendent game that's boring as hell to watch and will most likely never win a championship.
Old 12-16-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Somewhere, James Dolan is smiling.
Old 12-16-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Somewhere, James Dolan is smiling.
Now I feel bad, as though by increasing JD's happiness I have caused a decrease in the happiness of NYK fans everywhere, leading to a net increase of unhappiness in the universe.
Old 12-16-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Now I feel bad, as though by increasing JD's happiness I have caused a decrease in the happiness of NYK fans everywhere, leading to a net increase of unhappiness in the universe.
I cannot imagine the level of insufferable that would explode into the world if the Knicks ever actually git gud.

So on that front, I thank Dolan for keeping that beast at bay.
Old 12-19-2019, 04:56 PM

Lakers vs. Bucks tonight!

Thoughts? What's the O/U? I'll take the Lakers by 7, with the thinking that LBJ wants to make a definitive opening statement.
Old 12-19-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Lakers vs. Bucks tonight!

Thoughts? What's the O/U? I'll take the Lakers by 7, with the thinking that LBJ wants to make a definitive opening statement.
I’ll take the Bucks. Deeper 3-9 than LA, which matters in the regular season.
Old 12-19-2019, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Just because.
Sarunas.

The original Euro Step.