Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-26-2015, 11:09 AM
なんでやねん

Campagnolo Wishlist for Eurobike 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
I would say they dont need veloce. Who is buying veloce anyways?

Me
Old 08-26-2015, 11:20 AM

early news

WW has a thread
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/fo...34593&start=30

direct mount brake, no disc, huh?
Old 08-26-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
My wish for Campy 2016? Bike makers have recently partnered with the auto makers for R&D and hype. Specialzed partnered with McLaren and Pinarello with Jaguar. I would like to see Campy partner with Brembo to make hydro disc brakes. Brembo makes automotive and motorcycle performance brakes and they are Italian to boot. The focal point would of course be the calipers. Campy and Brembo would make a beautiful caliper.
For Super Record the carbon calipers would be Ferrari Red with black lettering.
For Record the carbon calipers would be black with red/white lettering.
For Chorus the carbon calipers would be black with white lettering.
For Athena the aluminum calipers would be polished with black/white lettering.

I like the wheels Campy has now except for the G3 lacing pattern on some models. Seems like the sweet spot for versatile carbon aero'ish wheels is 38 to 44mm, so my wish is for them to bring that without the G3 spoke pattern
Campagnolo has apparently stated they were working with an experienced partner in country. I assumed Formula but others seem to think that isn't the case. Brembo and Tarox were the other that came to mind.

What is your beef with G3 lacing? It's been trouble free for me. It should help with the dish required on modern wheelsets.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
I would say they dont need veloce. Who is buying veloce anyways?
"Lots" of people, relative to small % Campy. You wanna build up a Campy 'cross bike? Convert an older Shimano to Campy for reasonable $$$ w/o shopping for used parts etc etc?

Not pointing at you but Paceline's occasionally conspicuous "affluence" is hardly common nor should it be necessary to get the increasing # of commuter, sport etc but non-racing riders into the brand.

But I still think electronic shifting is farcical so...

Speaking of those budget concious Campy enthusiasts...

Silver Zondas would be hot & though I wholly support custom wheels from Old Potatoe +++ ...

Speaking of which, I'd also like to see the return of Campy hubs so we can buid standard-ish w/o hunting for used or NOS Veloce / Centaur / Athena etc.

Last edited by harryblack; 08-26-2015 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:33 PM

A silver campagnolo wheelset would be awsome. Silver Khamsin wheels for Veloce and silver zonda wheels for Athena would be the ticket. I would settle for just khamsins. They may not be the lightest thing, but they are cheap and versatile. I would buy a set.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
Hmmm, front ders, particularly shimano, are not 'problematic', in fact almost automatic(and indeed on XTR di2, it is). And sorry, a 4-6 tooth gap IS an issue as is the front chainring 'selected' then finding its either too big or too small. 'Rapidly changing terrain' would call for smaller gaps, not larger.
From these comments, I gather that you don't do much off-road riding. Do you think you could do a reliable front shift on this hill? I don't think I could (regardless of the shifting system). But I could (and have) done a rear shift.

The reality is that rear shifting is done on the unloaded bottom run of the chain, and front shifting is done on the loaded bottom run of the chain, so rear shifting under power will always be more reliable.

I have no idea why you think rapidly changing terrain calls for smaller gear size gaps. With small gear size gaps, you'd often have to shift multiple gears to find the right one. If your gears are 5% apart, and the grade changes by 15% within a few yards, you'd have to shift 3 times.
Old 08-26-2015, 05:49 PM

SO, any sightings at Eurobike of those disc brakes? I am curious...
Old 08-26-2015, 06:02 PM

I sure could use a 12th cog in the back.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:45 PM

It looks like the new campagnolo calipers have a fair bit of clearance with a 25mm

Now can I get them on a steel frame and segmented fork with 30mm tires? I think I may pass on the crazy rims.

Edit: sorry for the huge images...

Last edited by thirdgenbird; 08-26-2015 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:07 PM

I'd be really disappointed to see Veloce culled. Maybe most Campag users in the US are high end types, but that hasn't been the case in Europe.

A Fulcrum badged group would be pretty easy to engineer; just put a Shimano shift disc in the ergos and bobs your uncle

My list:
Midcompact for Veloce
Medium cage for Athena
Old 08-26-2015, 07:11 PM

For the record, I don't want Veloce to go away, it just wouldn't surprise me. I thought there was a Veloce mid compact for 2015.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:26 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryblack View Post
"Lots" of people, relative to small % Campy. You wanna build up a Campy 'cross bike? Convert an older Shimano to Campy for reasonable $$$ w/o shopping for used parts etc etc?

Not pointing at you but Paceline's occasionally conspicuous "affluence" is hardly common nor should it be necessary to get the increasing # of commuter, sport etc but non-racing riders into the brand.

But I still think electronic shifting is farcical so...

Speaking of those budget concious Campy enthusiasts...

Silver Zondas would be hot & though I wholly support custom wheels from Old Potatoe +++ ...

Speaking of which, I'd also like to see the return of Campy hubs so we can buid standard-ish w/o hunting for used or NOS Veloce / Centaur / Athena etc.

Maybe I should not judge campy by this and other cycling sites. I never see bikes with veloce. Don't get me wrong I am not a snob, I have centaur on one bikes.
Old 08-27-2015, 04:46 PM

We got eps v3

Sounds like it includes:
Smaller internals battery
Charge port on the junction box
Built in ANT+
Bluetooth

In addition programming, diagnostics and updating will be done through a phone app. Don't like your shift times or button layout? Grab your phone and change it.

The article I read said there will be several button profiles predefined. One will operate similar to SRAM etap. One finger lever up, one finger lever down. Front shifts will be done in similar fashion with the thumb levers. It also sounds like you can make your own profiles.

( this was all learned from a poor google translate so take it for what it's worth)
Old 08-27-2015, 05:59 PM

Even if 10s Veloce is killed please keep making 10 speed cassettes.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:02 PM
il Curmudgeoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by donevwil View Post
Even if 10s Veloce is killed please keep making 10 speed cassettes.
I would think that's a given....they still make 8sp cassettes.

Tags
campagnolo, eurobike 2015