Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-11-2019, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
what about a F10 that can fit 44s?
Wow

That looks like a real winner in the "We can do it!" "But why the hell would you???" category.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
I have had an opportunity arise to purchase a F8 Disc module in 57.5 at a very attractive price - hard part if I can't track down a decent deal on a Record 12 disc group (or H11), so I'm not sure I'll make a go for it. Plus, all the reasons above that it's hard for me to take that on right now..

Appreciate the ideas on demo'ing a Dogma. I wish there was somewhere in Sacramento that had them. I guess I could try to get over to AC: https://abovecategorycycling.com/pro...inarello-demos - but that's a lot to ask on a business trip given the traffic situation.
I think that is going to be too small for you...
Old 06-11-2019, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSteve View Post
I think that is going to be too small for you...
Maybe. I'm a bit confused by the stack/reach difference between the two sizes as noted above. With more aggressive drop (12-14cm), the 57.5 is right; with more moderate drop (10cm), the 59.5 makes more sense. Which one fits the desired ride characteristics and weight balance of the bike though? Hmm. Probably the 59.5.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2019, 12:14 AM

Bump for keeping the dream alive.

Old 06-13-2019, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlC View Post
Bump for keeping the dream alive.

And I’ll bump the bump as I’m invested in this......( Dogma banana-not Serotta banana )
Old 06-13-2019, 12:06 PM

Dogmas are made by a company called Carbotec in Taiwan. Been there seen it they also take mass orders OEM. $350 a piece same people making dogmas making their OEM frames.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmalwo View Post
Dogmas are made by a company called Carbotec in Taiwan. Been there seen it they also take mass orders OEM. $350 a piece same people making dogmas making their OEM frames.
https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=217821

If you go to their website, they sell nothing that even remotely looks like the current range of Dogma’s. And, their minimum order is 50 pieces.

Last edited by SoCalSteve; 06-13-2019 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:21 PM

hello, my name is xxxx and i'd like to eat a slice of crow.

i've been riding the new specialized tarmac disc for a few days as a loaner before i grab my new bike in a week.

it's astonishingly good. so much better than any other specialized road bike i've ever ridden/raced. it's almost like they were mining my brain for geometry thoughts. their past bikes have always been...well, boring carbon racebikes with boring carbon racebike geometry. they were...fine. this one, though, this one smashes the dogma to pieces.

don't get me wrong - i'm not a fan of specialized as a company in the least, and it's unlikely i'll ever get one of these bikes (group ride comments x10 were "never thought i'd see you on that"), but standing alone, this bike is outstanding - when it comes to production carbon. it's like they finally stopped designing bikes inside a tiny, sealed off room, and managed to inject some perspective into how to do it.

i'd suggest trying both a dogma and the tarmac back to back to see how what you think.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
hello, my name is xxxx and i'd like to eat a slice of crow.

i've been riding the new specialized tarmac disc for a few days as a loaner before i grab my new bike in a week.

it's astonishingly good. so much better than any other specialized road bike i've ever ridden/raced. it's almost like they were mining my brain for geometry thoughts. their past bikes have always been...well, boring carbon racebikes with boring carbon racebike geometry. they were...fine. this one, though, this one smashes the dogma to pieces.

don't get me wrong - i'm not a fan of specialized as a company in the least, and it's unlikely i'll ever get one of these bikes (group ride comments x10 were "never thought i'd see you on that"), but standing alone, this bike is outstanding - when it comes to production carbon. it's like they finally stopped designing bikes inside a tiny, sealed off room, and managed to inject some perspective into how to do it.

i'd suggest trying both a dogma and the tarmac back to back to see how what you think.
Interesting points...and rational. But if I open to a Tarmac, then the flood gates are thrown wide open. Part of my fascination with the Dogma is its pedigree, the company's history, etc.

The dream is still alive. And may get realized shortly.

Now if only I could figure out whether I want a 57.5 or 59.5
Old 06-14-2019, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Interesting points...and rational. But if I open to a Tarmac, then the flood gates are thrown wide open. Part of my fascination with the Dogma is its pedigree, the company's history, etc.

How many times do I have to tell you this???

You sold a Moots that was one size too small for you, remember? A 57.5 will be one size too small for you. The 59.5 fits me like a glove, same as the 62 RSL.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Part of my fascination with the Dogma is its pedigree, the company's history, etc.
It's another plastic bike made in an Asian factory. You're buying the sizzle, not the steak.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:54 PM

Quote:

fukkit, going off:

dude, the bike isn't that great, and it screams "italodouche".

i know you're not good at rational (i mean pot/kettle, i work in the industry), but if you're gonna drop dogma coin/image sacrifice, find yourself a modern madone or tarmac. full stop. such a better bike.

if the itch is that deep, go demo or borrow one. i have a stack of people/places here in the bay that can make that happen for you. ymmv, as always.

rant over.
Old 06-14-2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown Reek View Post
It's another plastic bike made in an Asian factory. You're buying the sizzle, not the steak.
That’s what I thought until I rode one. Until you do, hold your uninformed judgement. After you ride one a few hundred miles and you still feel that way, I’ll give it to you. Until then...
Old 06-14-2019, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
fukkit, going off:

dude, the bike isn't that great, and it screams "italodouche".

i know you're not good at rational (i mean pot/kettle, i work in the industry), but if you're gonna drop dogma coin/image sacrifice, find yourself a modern madone or tarmac. full stop. such a better bike.

if the itch is that deep, go demo or borrow one. i have a stack of people/places here in the bay that can make that happen for you. ymmv, as always.

rant over.
Respectfully disagree. It is truly an amazing riding bike and believe me, I’ve owned many, many different bikes. Blows my ( now sold ) C60 away. Seriously.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSteve View Post
Respectfully disagree. It is truly an amazing riding bike and believe me, I’ve owned many, many different bikes. Blows my ( now sold ) C60 away. Seriously.
respectfully disagree x2.

have ridden/crashed/raced the piss out of nearly every dogma in existence...plenty of other production race frames. many of the tippy-top of the custom sphere. a lot. it was my job. it's a fine bike. but get one that fits if you are, and get one that's cheap if you are. the name is a massive premium - and it's not a name most here would be proud of.

de-editorial: as always, it's just a bike. ymmv. if it scratches the itch and doesn't violate any ethics: fukkit.