Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-30-2021, 11:13 PM

Weren't the Suns starting Tyler Ulis and Dragan Bender just 2 or ,3 years ago? And there was that shameful incident where Sarver brought the goats into Ryan McDonough's office?

What a turnaround.
Old 06-30-2021, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
Congrats to the Suns and CP3, by the way. He's too good to go out without ever having been to the Finals.

Every playoffs is attrition, there are no asterisks, etc. But are any of the 10 best players in the league still playing?
Chris Paul is still playing, so yeah.

That Westbook/Paul trade is going to be viewed extremely strangely by the 2040 versions of us. Like the Rockets sent Paul AND picks to the Thunder for Westbrook? Wut?

Point God forever.
Old 06-30-2021, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Looks like Russell Westbrook was right about the guy.
It's ironic that Mike Breen or somebody said earlier in the broadcast when they were talking about Pat Bev's positive contributions and grit that there's a fine line between being an asset aggresively to your team and getting thrown out of the league. Dude totally crossed that with that sucker shove to the back. What a POS.
Old 06-30-2021, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnetter View Post
**** you, Pat Bev

Ha! I love his intensity and honesty. Chris Paul on the other hand.. what a joke. Retire already on that State Farm money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-30-2021, 11:46 PM

Hey Jaybee: the 2021 NBA season has started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnetter View Post
It's ironic that Mike Breen or somebody said earlier in the broadcast when they were talking about Pat Bev's positive contributions and grit that there's a fine line between being an asset aggresively to your team and getting thrown out of the league. Dude totally crossed that with that sucker shove to the back. What a POS.

I shut the game off when Chris Paul flopped and the air went out of the bag.

What happened from there?

Edit: Found the replay.. shoving someone isn’t cool even if they did have it coming - but it was also less dangerous than some of the fouls the Suns committed during the series, so…. so it goes. I still like Beverly’s hustle. And still can’t stand the Suns’ game. Oh well, wake me up for the 2022 thread.

Last edited by Clean39T; 07-01-2021 at 12:03 AM.
Old 06-30-2021, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post

What happened from there?

Chris Paul scored 41 on 65% shooting is what
Old 06-30-2021, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
Chris Paul is still playing, so yeah.

That Westbook/Paul trade is going to be viewed extremely strangely by the 2040 versions of us. Like the Rockets sent Paul AND picks to the Thunder for Westbrook? Wut?

Point God forever.
He's still the Point God, but 2021 CP is not better than

Durant, LeBron, Embiid, Giannis, Kawhi, Curry, Luka, Jokic, Kyrie, Harden, Dame, AD in no particular order. I'd entertain arguments about Tatum and Paul George and maybe Trae. So 12-15ish?

I assume that in 2040, Sam Presti will have ascended to a higher plane of existence and any decision he made will be viewed with appropriate reverence.

As recently as 18 months ago, CP3 was the worst or second worst contract in the league, depending on how you felt about John Wall.
Old 07-01-2021, 03:58 PM

Old 07-01-2021, 04:24 PM

Quote:
He's still the Point God, but 2021 CP is not better than

Durant, LeBron, Embiid, Giannis, Kawhi, Curry, Luka, Jokic, Kyrie, Harden, Dame, AD in no particular order. I'd entertain arguments about Tatum and Paul George and maybe Trae. So 12-15ish?

I assume that in 2040, Sam Presti will have ascended to a higher plane of existence and any decision he made will be viewed with appropriate reverence.

As recently as 18 months ago, CP3 was the worst or second worst contract in the league, depending on how you felt about John Wall.
Sam Presti's teams have made the Finals once. And for all the love he gets, the decision not to go over the luxury tax and keep those three guys together is absurd in hindsight. Yeah yeah, Process 2.0 and all that, but we see what happened with the Celtics when you stockpile a billion picks. Gotta turn that into something.

Point God is still playing for a ring and everyone else on that list ain't, so yeah. He had a better year than AD. He and Williams transformed that team from out of the playoffs to a Finals squad. How many other players in the league could do that at 36? LeBron is basically the list right?

The guy is 9th all time in PER and 11th in Win Shares.

For 2020/2021, yeah, he's one of the ten best in the league.
Old 07-02-2021, 06:36 AM
Registered (ab)User

Curious: Has -- at least in the "modern era" (last ~40 years?) -- there ever been an NBA team whose entire starting lineup remained healthy and able to play throughout the entire playoffs, from 1st round through Finals?

I was just thinking about all the "what if?"s this year...and then realized I seem to go through that same mental exercise every year!

[edit: Or maybe there is something exceptional going on this year; I just came across this stat that "more All-Stars have missed games in this year's NBA playoffs (eight) than any before on record, per Elias Sports Bureau research, beating the previous record of six."]

Last edited by Bob Ross; 07-02-2021 at 08:19 AM.
Old 07-06-2021, 10:31 PM

Point God keeps playing like that it'll be a short series.