Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-14-2022, 02:51 PM

Forgot to mention - housing is held in a thread-in clamp type mechanism on downtube
Old 09-14-2022, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy340 View Post
Forgot to mention - housing is held in a thread-in clamp type mechanism on downtube
So, the housing stop was added to the frame tube? That's the problem in my case - a housing stop can't be added to the frame. The frame in question is a carbon frame with internally run cable housing. The housing exits the frame behind the BB, with no cable stop on the frame. Because the seat tube is not a regular round shape, a clamp-on housing stop can't be used.

Last edited by Mark McM; 09-14-2022 at 03:09 PM.
Old 09-14-2022, 03:20 PM

Im really not digging the whole internal routing thing... for off-road frames, it makes sense, but for a road bike, IMO its a nuisance. Currently dealing with it on my new Lynskey... its an awful lot of housing drag for the rear derailleur(6ft of housing), but i just bought a Jagwire elite kit to see if it helps!
Old 09-15-2022, 08:58 AM

Don't the 8000 and 9100 front derailer(s) have a tiny cable housing stop?

Not Campy, I know.

What frame vintage?
Old 09-15-2022, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddd View Post
Don't the 8000 and 9100 front derailer(s) have a tiny cable housing stop?

Not Campy, I know.

What frame vintage?
Yes, Shimano R8000 & R9100 (and R7000) front derailleurs have an integrated housing stop - which is why I asked about using a Shimano front derailleurs with Campagnolo shifters.

The frame I'm looking into to is the new Trek Domane RSL. This frame is compatible with mechanical shifting cables, but it has no housing stops at all, just ports for housings to enter and leave the frame. The housings are intended to run the full length from shifters to derailleurs.
Old 09-16-2022, 06:57 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark McM View Post
Yes, Shimano R8000 & R9100 (and R7000) front derailleurs have an integrated housing stop - which is why I asked about using a Shimano front derailleurs with Campagnolo shifters.

The frame I'm looking into to is the new Trek Domane RSL. This frame is compatible with mechanical shifting cables, but it has no housing stops at all, just ports for housings to enter and leave the frame. The housings are intended to run the full length from shifters to derailleurs.
Well, considering a shimano front der with an integrated stop...You 'could' swap the shift guts in your LH lever to a pre 12s/pre 2015 type guts. Opening up a 12s lever, pretty sure that is possible. Multi click shift disc and probably toothed cog in front. Pretty sure I have this stuff. OR a pre 2015 LH shifter assembly..swap the hood and brake blade.
Old 10-01-2022, 08:04 PM

Sorry, just found enough time to spend in the shop with my own bike to sort this out. SR 12s shifter and DA9k front derailleur work great. Slightly more effort at the lever than Record/Record, but the indexing is perfect.
Old 10-02-2022, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applesauce View Post
Sorry, just found enough time to spend in the shop with my own bike to sort this out. SR 12s shifter and DA9k front derailleur work great. Slightly more effort at the lever than Record/Record, but the indexing is perfect.
Thanks for trying this out. I feel much better about being able to use a Campagnolo drivetrain on a bike I'm eyeing that requires full length housing for the front derailleur.