Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-08-2020, 08:10 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbnm View Post
I am playing it, day by day. The registration fee was cheap enough that if I don't get it back, it won't really hurt.

Being in a gravel race with 3000 people is not my idea of fun right now. Especially if most of the population has not gotten a vaccine.
yeah most of these rides the $$$ goes for a good cause so I am good to donate it if I can afford it. I donated all my entry fees for this year. I am going to sign up to all my local rides for next year, just not going to sign up for anything that I have to travel for longer than a 2 hour car ride.
Old 12-08-2020, 08:31 PM

Considering the clusterfluck the outgoing administration has made out of the pandemic, I would be willing to bet 2021 will be a mess. Vaccine rollout will have some hitches and take a loooong time

Unfortunately, expect more of the same
Old 12-08-2020, 08:42 PM

I think even Grinduro CA in September is unlikely if we are being honest.
Old 12-09-2020, 06:11 AM

Living with the virus

I participated in a road event back in July. I won’t say it was perfectly managed, and only about 250 riders, but I do think that it’s possible to participate in a large event if you are careful. Just so you know we even had a minor issue with a rider down.

I don’t see the vaccine as being the complete solution. It’s unclear how long the “immunity” lasts and the virus is not going away. I think that riding “socially distant” and self support will be needed for the near term, maybe longer.

I’d like to see some events return, well managed and people behaving responsibly so we can get back to “normal”

Ray
Old 12-09-2020, 08:00 AM

Thanks to an earlier tip on the PL, picked up some deeply discounted merch from the canceled 2020 Mid South, looking to actually ride it in '21, so I can wear and use the gear honestly!

mid south.jpg

Tags
gravel, race