Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight


Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > The Showcase

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 10-29-2020, 03:39 AM
Mindaugas Mindaugas is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Klaipeda, Lithuania
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latestart View Post
6'4"?
We got a winner
__________________
Framebuilder at Wittson Custom Ti Cycles
www.wittson.com
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 10-29-2020, 03:43 AM
Mindaugas Mindaugas is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Klaipeda, Lithuania
Posts: 64
Long live rim brakes! Custom made Suppresio with DEDA Vinci DCR integrated cockpit.

__________________
Framebuilder at Wittson Custom Ti Cycles
www.wittson.com
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 10-29-2020, 09:14 AM
Ken_F Ken_F is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot870 View Post
Loooove that taillight mount as well!!!!
So subtle, I wouldn't even have seen it if you didn't point it out! So clean

The height and angle of the front light mount is nice too. More light on the road and less in other riders' faces...a topic for a different thread.

Beautiful bikes!
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 11-02-2020, 11:26 AM
Robot870's Avatar
Robot870 Robot870 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Hells Kitchen
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindaugas View Post
Long live rim brakes! Custom made Suppresio with DEDA Vinci DCR integrated cockpit.

WOW! Bad A$$!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 12-11-2020, 12:34 AM
richarddd richarddd is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 16


beautiful. killer job on all of these frames.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 12-11-2020, 12:45 AM
Latestart Latestart is offline
LateStart
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 450
... hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindaugas View Post
We got a winner

That's MY SIZE... where's my test ride. Is that bike in EU or US?
__________________
On the bike > not on the bike
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 02-10-2021, 05:23 AM
Mindaugas Mindaugas is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Klaipeda, Lithuania
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latestart View Post
That's MY SIZE... where's my test ride. Is that bike in EU or US?
In Australia actually
__________________
Framebuilder at Wittson Custom Ti Cycles
www.wittson.com
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 02-10-2021, 05:28 AM
Mindaugas Mindaugas is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Klaipeda, Lithuania
Posts: 64
Here's what happens when we merge our two models Suppresio and Illuminati into one











- road race disc geometry
- oversized externally and internally butted headtube for conical 1.25" fork
- diamond hydroformed toptube
- integrated seatpost with a support on toptube/seatstays cross section
- shallow hydroformed curved seatstays
- Illuminati triangle seatstay bridge
- hydroformed chainstays
- internal brake cable routing
- integrated shifting cable routing
- T47 bottom bracket
- flat disc mount
- made in USA PARAGON dropouts compatible with both DT Swiss 142 x 12mm and SHIMANO 142 x 12mm hangers
- DT Swiss 142 x 12mm thru axle removable alu hanger
- hand brushed finish
- custom sandblasting
- ti headbadge
- anodized bolts
__________________
Framebuilder at Wittson Custom Ti Cycles
www.wittson.com
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 02-10-2021, 02:33 PM
wallymann's Avatar
wallymann wallymann is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: motown, michigan, usa
Posts: 4,580
OMG...love the master-profiled top-tube and that beefy downtube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindaugas View Post
Here's what happens when we merge our two models Suppresio and Illuminati into one
__________________
walter | motown, michigan | usa
>>> mijn fietsen <<<
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 02-13-2021, 11:16 AM
nmrt nmrt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,940
nice tube shaping!

but can i ask: how is that the welds on the bike look so different than the welds we are used to seeing on Ti bikes in the US? The welds on my Ti bike do not, for a lack of a better word, protrude so much from the tube joining interface. is this due to the difference in welding technique used in the US Vs Europe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallymann View Post
OMG...love the master-profiled top-tube and that beefy downtube!
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 02-13-2021, 06:29 PM
wallymann's Avatar
wallymann wallymann is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: motown, michigan, usa
Posts: 4,580
honestly, this looks more like the robust Ti welding you'd find in aerospace applications. strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmrt View Post
nice tube shaping!

but can i ask: how is that the welds on the bike look so different than the welds we are used to seeing on Ti bikes in the US? The welds on my Ti bike do not, for a lack of a better word, protrude so much from the tube joining interface. is this due to the difference in welding technique used in the US Vs Europe?
__________________
walter | motown, michigan | usa
>>> mijn fietsen <<<
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 02-17-2021, 06:12 AM
Mindaugas Mindaugas is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Klaipeda, Lithuania
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmrt View Post
nice tube shaping!

but can i ask: how is that the welds on the bike look so different than the welds we are used to seeing on Ti bikes in the US? The welds on my Ti bike do not, for a lack of a better word, protrude so much from the tube joining interface. is this due to the difference in welding technique used in the US Vs Europe?
If you could share photos of your frame and the welds on it, maybe I could be able to comment on it. Welds can be well hidden if the frame is beadblasted instead of coming in a natural handbrushed finish that you see on all the frames that I have posted here. Also, welds can be hand brushed after the welding process to a level where the weld barely visible. Passoni, for example, makes all frames in such finish, we offer that an extra cost if you prefer the hidden welds.

Here's a project that is made with smooth hand finished welds https://wittson.com/titanium-frame-m...omponents-tune
__________________
Framebuilder at Wittson Custom Ti Cycles
www.wittson.com
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 02-18-2021, 12:59 PM
jkbrwn's Avatar
jkbrwn jkbrwn is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: South Pasadena, CA
Posts: 1,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindaugas View Post
If you could share photos of your frame and the welds on it, maybe I could be able to comment on it. Welds can be well hidden if the frame is beadblasted instead of coming in a natural handbrushed finish that you see on all the frames that I have posted here. Also, welds can be hand brushed after the welding process to a level where the weld barely visible. Passoni, for example, makes all frames in such finish, we offer that an extra cost if you prefer the hidden welds.

Here's a project that is made with smooth hand finished welds https://wittson.com/titanium-frame-m...omponents-tune
I suspect nmrt is referring to the welds on many U.S. Ti built frames just looking 'smaller', whereas the welds seen in your photos look much beefier (in a good way - I really like them). Particularly on the top tube and seat stays. An example of naked welds below on my bike:


Last edited by jkbrwn; 02-18-2021 at 01:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 02-18-2021, 09:40 PM
nmrt nmrt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,940
Yes, that is the kind of welds I was referring to. I am in no way suggesting one type of weld is better than the others just by looks. I am simply curious why welds on bikes like the one "jkbrwn" provided look different that the ones on Wittson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbrwn View Post
I suspect nmrt is referring to the welds on many U.S. Ti built frames just looking 'smaller', whereas the welds seen in your photos look much beefier (in a good way - I really like them). Particularly on the top tube and seat stays. An example of naked welds below on my bike:

Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 02-20-2021, 08:51 PM
NHAero NHAero is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,964
What are the details on this finish?

Please say more about this finish. Is the blue section anodized? With bead blasted logo, and the rest of the frame is brushed?

Really lovely!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
framebuilding, titanium, wittson, wittson cycles

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.