Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-02-2021, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbanned View Post
I thought he was banned on here. Or maybe that was a different forum?

I don’t think he’s banned here??
I recall reading posts or responses from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2021, 03:52 PM

Quote:
I thought he was banned on here. Or maybe that was a different forum?
I think that was Weightweenies forum.

David
Old 10-02-2021, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David in Maine View Post
I think that was Weightweenies forum.

David
Oh yeah, that's what it was. Looked it up and apparently, he fabricated a legal letter from FLO wheels to himself.
Old 10-02-2021, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewiser View Post
Just look at the influencer culture on YouTube, and Instagram. People get product to push reviews out there.
Bicycle magazines rode that gravy train for decades. SM has democritized it is all.
Old 10-02-2021, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Oh yeah, that's what it was. Looked it up and apparently, he fabricated a legal letter from FLO wheels to himself.
That seemed like a he said he said thing. Any actual evidence he fabricated a letter?
Old 10-02-2021, 06:22 PM
Vendor

Old 10-02-2021, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicycletricycle View Post
That seemed like a he said he said thing. Any actual evidence he fabricated a letter?
Well, you can't prove a negative. Hambini says he recieved a letter from Flo's attorney, Flo said no such letter was sent, but as far as I know, the letter itself has not be seen in public. So we only have Hambini's word that the letter exists in the first place. In order to prove that a letter has been fabricated, you first have show that there is a letter.
Old 10-02-2021, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark McM View Post
Well, you can't prove a negative. Hambini says he recieved a letter from Flo's attorney, Flo said no such letter was sent, but as far as I know, the letter itself has not be seen in public. So we only have Hambini's word that the letter exists in the first place. In order to prove that a letter has been fabricated, you first have show that there is a letter.
True, I could see either party making things up, just more stupid gossip I guess.
Old 10-02-2021, 10:24 PM

Quote:
just more stupid gossip I guess.
internet foriums raison d'être.
Old 10-03-2021, 07:31 AM
Vendor

Quote:
True, I could see either party making things up, just more stupid gossip I guess.
Except FLO called him out and told him to produce it if it was real and Hambini said he wasn't allowed to show it. Sorry, but that doesn't wash. If he really had it and FLO sent one, why not rub it in their faces and prove they did? Numerous people called him out on that excuse and he never did. FLO and their lawyers have said no letter exists. It's not incumbent on them to produce it, it's on him.

Last edited by Velocipede; 10-03-2021 at 08:17 AM.
Old 10-03-2021, 07:51 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocipede View Post
Except FLO called him out and told him to produce it if it was real and Hambini called he wasn't allowed to. Sorry, but that doesn't wash. If he really had it and FLO sent one, why not rub it in their faces and prove they did? Numerous people called him out on that excuse and he never did. FLO and their lawyers have said no letter exists. It's not incumbent on them to produce it, it's on him.
Quote:
Hambini says he recieved a letter from Flo's attorney, Flo said no such letter was sent, but as far as I know, the letter itself has not be seen in public. So we only have Hambini's word that the letter exists in the first place.
And I'm SURE hambini can be trusted here...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 70948687-sarcasm-alert-newspaper-article-text.jpg (93.9 KB, 180 views)
Old 10-03-2021, 07:55 AM

I have three sets of Flo wheels. Hambini is right. Lousy bearings and they stall at low angles in real conditions. But, they are well built and the rims are indestructible and cheap. His communication style sometimes reminds me of a british football hooligan. Laughable but hardly gets me feathers ruffled. The OSPW clip was too much for me to watch, and the conclusion to obvious to suffer thru his teenage rants.

Whoever buys $700 pulleys is a dope. A 105 derailleur for instance can get almost all of the benefit (1.5 watts maybe) with high quality ball bearing jockeys for 1/10 the cost. Two sentences is all he needed.
Old 10-03-2021, 08:02 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripvanrando View Post
I have three sets of Flo wheels. Hambini is right. Lousy bearings and they stall at low angles in real conditions. But, they are well built and the rims are indestructible and cheap. His communication style sometimes reminds me of a british football hooligan. Laughable but hardly gets me feathers ruffled. The OSPW clip was too much for me to watch, and the conclusion to obvious to suffer thru his teenage rants.

Whoever buys $700 pulleys is a dope. A 105 derailleur for instance can get almost all of the benefit (1.5 watts maybe) with high quality ball bearing jockeys for 1/10 the cost. Two sentences is all he needed.
91,000 views and 77,000 subscribers to his YT channel..he gets PAID to have a YT channel..if he didn't act like a 13 YO, with his BS, childish crappola..he wouldn't have the following he does.
Old 10-03-2021, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocipede View Post
Except FLO called him out and told him to produce it if it was real and Hambini said he wasn't allowed to show it. Sorry, but that doesn't wash. If he really had it and FLO sent one, why not rub it in their faces and prove they did? Numerous people called him out on that excuse and he never did. FLO and their lawyers have said no letter exists. It's not incumbent on them to produce it, it's on him.
I’m not saying you are wrong. I am just saying that there may be more to the story than we know about. It does sound like Hambini made it up though for some drama cluck bait points.
Old 10-03-2021, 08:41 AM
Vendor

Quote:
I’m not saying you are wrong. I am just saying that there may be more to the story than we know about. It does sound like Hambini made it up though for some drama cluck bait points.
I know. Wasn't trying to call you out or anything. I know at one point he published the letter and then pulled it down when FLO and their attorneys called him out about it. FLO's attorneys mentioned that the format wasn't correct on the letterhead, there were things misspelled and other issues with the "letter" FLO supposedly sent to him. When he pulled it down, that's when people went nutso about it because he said afterwards he wasn't allowed to show it now. Which doesn't make any sense at all if he already showed it. Plus if I were him, I'd want to throw it in their faces if they actually sent something to me. Especially his confrontational style, he'd get off on it and get a ton more followers.