Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-18-2022, 07:44 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likes2ridefar View Post
As I understand it is similar in Arizona. One can get a medical card with nothing but a little cash to save in the long run.
Same in Colorado before 'recreational' 'dispensaries'. $150, any story about anything medical-Red Card. About the same now as the med-weed is taxed at a lower rate.
Old 05-18-2022, 08:00 AM
slower than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrider View Post
Let me clarify.

If it's the end of the day and you want to light up and relax and stare at the wall (famous Rick Steve's quote) then by all means.

But if you feel you need to smoke to get through the day, every day and are just walking around blazed (same goes for alcohol) then yes, I see that as an issue.

I'm not 'demonizing' anything.
Or how about both?

Just spent some time in Colorado ski towns. It's now been legal there on the rec side for, what, nearly eight years? Maybe it's a personal situation that colors my view, since a good friend is severely addicted to smoking weed. I'm not exaggerating. He cannot function without a vaporizer close, and has OD'd more than once. One can come down with a serious stomach ailment if they smoke too much, and he's been there. Now, I never knew him not to smoke a lot for kicks, but now it's off the charts, all the time. Add to that the not so hyped but still serious alcohol issues up in ski towns that are glamorized with a new "craft" beer brewery and a distillery down the street, and it's not a pretty picture. I'm no pollyanna, and partake in edibles a lot when I have a mindless physical activity to accomplish, but I even surprised myself with my disgust at the culture. Try carrying on a conversation with some of these people, if they are awake. Yeah, I know those towns weren't hotbeds of cutting edge intellectual thought before, but now I'm extra careful just stepping off a curb after looking both ways.

When people who live in ski towns are too stoned to ski, let alone work, theres a problem.

Last edited by Mr. Pink; 05-18-2022 at 08:02 AM.
Old 05-18-2022, 08:19 AM

I have heard of this stomach problem from people who smoke too much weed but OD? Never hear of anyone OD'ing on weed. Addiction is odd as it can affect people differently but weed addiction seems to be very rare and I don't think one suffers from withdrawal from it do they?

I suppose it could be like alcohol in that one person can go out and have a glass of wine for dinner and then go do other normal things while another person who has a glass of wine for dinner wakes up in a ditch or a prison cell.

But if I had my druthers I'd rather be around stoned people then drunk ones.
Old 05-18-2022, 08:25 AM
slower than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by redir View Post
I have heard of this stomach problem from people who smoke too much weed but OD? Never hear of anyone OD'ing on weed. Addiction is odd as it can affect people differently but weed addiction seems to be very rare and I don't think one suffers from withdrawal from it do they?

I suppose it could be like alcohol in that one person can go out and have a glass of wine for dinner and then go do other normal things while another person who has a glass of wine for dinner wakes up in a ditch or a prison cell.

But if I had my druthers I'd rather be around stoned people then drunk ones.
Well, no, it can't kill you, but, by OD, I mean he's been laid up for about a week three times (of what I know) with this stomach issue, which is overdosing in my book.
Old 05-18-2022, 08:30 AM
Registered (ab)User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
he's been laid up for about a week three times (of what I know) with this stomach issue, which is overdosing in my book.
I think strictly speaking that's "overusing" rather than "overdosing"

signed, Captain Pedantic
Old 05-18-2022, 09:05 AM

1. Marijuana is not physically addictive. Habit forming, yes, but addictive (like tobacco, alcohol, cocaine, heroin, etc.), no.

2. If you smoke (or eat) so much weed that you 'overdose,' you fall asleep. Maybe anxiety and paranoia before it knocks you out. That's it.

3. This stomach thing. Anecdotally, neither heard of it nor - speaking for a friend - experienced it. (I'll research.)

4. Velotel has the right idea when it comes to MJ.
Old 05-18-2022, 09:07 AM
Time & Bikes

Two quick thoughts.

Medical marijuana = exists

Medical alcohol = does not exist
Old 05-18-2022, 09:10 AM
slower than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQJ View Post
1. Marijuana is not physically addictive. Habit forming, yes, but addictive (like tobacco, alcohol, cocaine, heroin, etc.), no.

2. If you smoke (or eat) so much weed that you 'overdose,' you fall asleep. Maybe anxiety and paranoia before it knocks you out. That's it.

3. This stomach thing. Anecdotally, neither heard of it nor - speaking for a friend - experienced it. (I'll research.)

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/healt...ere%20vomiting.
Old 05-18-2022, 09:15 AM
slower than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post
I think strictly speaking that's "overusing" rather than "overdosing"

signed, Captain Pedantic
I get your split hair, but, have you ever been around a Volcano party or a gathering around another vaporizer? I watched someone OD on one of them. One deep breath, eyes to back of head, caught him before his head met floor, hospital visit by ambulance. It can happen. And he was a moderate user.
Old 05-18-2022, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Thank you; I was completely unaware of that.
Old 05-18-2022, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQJ View Post

1. Wrong
2. Not necessarily
3. I hadn’t heard of it but googled it. It’s real.
Old 05-18-2022, 09:33 AM
mentholated

haha volcanos?!? youre literally sucking air out of a big food grade plastic bag. are you smoking weed or are you just hyperventilating?
crazy to think that things original purpose was for cooking.
Old 05-18-2022, 09:39 AM
slower than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTHBROOKS View Post
haha volcanos?!? youre literally sucking air out of a big food grade plastic bag. are you smoking weed or are you just hyperventilating?
crazy to think that things original purpose was for cooking.
Cooking brains, maybe? I cook a lot, dont see a use in the kitchen.

I'm guessing somebody watched crack being smoked, said, hmmm, how can we apply that method to weed, and viola! My buddy justifies it by saying, hey, no matches or paper inhaled. I just think, yeah, and no life, bud.
Old 05-18-2022, 09:41 AM
mentholated

its called “molecular gastronomy”. look it up.
Old 05-18-2022, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Volcano party or a gathering around another vaporizer?.
Welp.....I learned something new today