Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-17-2022, 02:54 PM

I second the vote for G8’s. Won’t ride without them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2022, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbrwn View Post
but for anyone that just has generic ‘foot pain’, G8s are amazing.
Ha, Ha! ‘Generic’ foot pain, what the hell is that?😂
Sorry, this is funny to me. I have all kinds of different foot issues, some on my left foot, some on my right foot. I don’t know how you could categorize foot pain as being generic, we all have different feet and different foot issues.
Glad G8 insoles work for you, I’ll have to give them a try.
Old 05-17-2022, 08:10 PM
Boeuf Chane

Ages and ages ago I used Specialized road shoes, but after about 5 years started to have "hot foot" issues on longer rides. I'd stop, take the shoes off and the pain would go away. Put the shoes back on and start riding again, and after 10 minutes or so it would be back.

After some research that indicated that the problem might be due to shoes that were a little too small I switched to Sidis that were a bit wider. The pain never returned.

Bottom line, "hot foot" can sometimes be due to shoes that when you first put them on feel 100% fine, but as your feet swell during a ride (I assume that's what happens) end up being too small.

Good luck to the OP.
Old 05-17-2022, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Truly believe G8 insoles can fix the issues most people have with their feet when used with a stiff carbon sole and a big pedal like an SPD SL. G8s with a metatarsal pad and correct heel wedges fixed every ounce of foot discomfort I had overnight. Obviously if there are ‘known’ issues like bunions or whatever, then it won’t fix that, but for anyone that just has generic ‘foot pain’, G8s are amazing.
Am a fan of G8’s as well. Also use their metatarsal pads called “Metdomes”, $35 for two pair, a low pair that are 2.5 mm high, and the others are 5 mm high….yoga for your feet, they stretch out the pad and toes. My hotfeet were corrected with G8 insoles and the metdomes.
Old 05-17-2022, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattro View Post
Ha, Ha! ‘Generic’ foot pain, what the hell is that?😂
Sorry, this is funny to me. I have all kinds of different foot issues, some on my left foot, some on my right foot. I don’t know how you could categorize foot pain as being generic, we all have different feet and different foot issues.
Glad G8 insoles work for you, I’ll have to give them a try.
I say generic, because people often don't know what is causing their foot pain, why their foot might hurt or what tendons/muscles/bones are in pain. For example the OP said: 'hotspot under ball of foot'. That is very general.
Old 05-18-2022, 07:41 AM

Quote:
I say generic, because people often don't know what is causing their foot pain, why their foot might hurt or what tendons/muscles/bones are in pain. For example the OP said: 'hotspot under ball of foot'. That is very general.
Understand. But that’s because a lot of people diagnose on the internet and never make it to a Dr. for proper care. It’s more than likely a specific problem, not a pain in the foot generic issue. Just saying.
Old 05-18-2022, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattro View Post
Understand. But that’s because a lot of people diagnose on the internet and never make it to a Dr. for proper care. It’s more than likely a specific problem, not a pain in the foot generic issue. Just saying.
100% agree with you.