Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-11-2022, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
I have 2 of them. Never shifted at all. There's a torque spec stamped on them. Also, they have different clamps for different saddle rails. Ritchey also made an aluminum 1 bolt seatpost made by Nitto. We aren't talking about that one.

There's also counterfeit Ritchey product out there. Perhaps the problems were with a fake one.
Mine were all “real” and they all slipped on road and Mtb torqued properly or strong armed to crack the rails; didn’t matter. Parlee tried to make a one bolt clamp similar with carbon for their ESX model a number of years ago and it was even worse. Strong arm resulted in cracked carbon and anything else was a slip. After one slip it is game over IME, the ridges are stripped and it gets easier each time.
Old 05-11-2022, 12:20 PM

Nice! I am just glad they continue with the rim brake frames period
Last year a rep said they didn't think they would
Old 05-12-2022, 03:21 AM

zip

Last edited by Teletori; 05-12-2022 at 03:28 AM.
Old 05-12-2022, 03:53 AM

If the geo on these worked for me, I’d be very tempted. I rode one (not the anniversary model) earlier this year and then spent several days working out how/if I could make it fit (ultimately there would have been too many compromises).

I’m generally not a fan of 1 bolt seatposts. The 3T one I had was bloody awful. The clamp slipped almost every ride and I’m under 160lbs and ran the saddle on the middle of the rails. I have a Hope carbon one which has been pretty secure to be fair, but you can only adjust the saddle angle in 2.5(?) degree increments, which doesn’t *quite* work with my SMP.
Old 05-13-2022, 02:25 AM

Pretty lame special edition for a 50th anniversary. For a brand of this strength and heritage, I would expect something more special .
Old 05-13-2022, 09:11 AM

I wish Ritchey sold fully assembled bikes vs just frames. At the costs of components today, buying components at MSRP makes it too expensive.
Old 05-13-2022, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabasco View Post
Pretty lame special edition for a 50th anniversary. For a brand of this strength and heritage, I would expect something more special .

What would you rather see that would make a production bike more special? I guess 50 bikes fillet brazed by Tom himself is the only thing that would be ideal but it's just not that type of company any more and not for a long time.

I still like the 50th offering personally.

Last edited by charliedid; 05-13-2022 at 09:23 AM.
Old 05-13-2022, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabasco View Post
Ritchey has seemed to really suffer from the supply chain issues in the past few years. I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to do something bigger, but just didn't have the resources.
Old 05-13-2022, 10:03 AM

Anything different about this 50th anniversary version than the previous version except the paint job?
Old 05-13-2022, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
Anything different about this 50th anniversary version than the previous version except the paint job?
It appears to be different paint and different decals. From the description on the Ritchey web page:

Quote:
Limited to 150 pieces globally, the 50th Anniversary Road Logic pays tribute to Tom's distinguished history – giving an aesthetic nod to the past while emphatically delivering the breathtaking modern ride experience for which the Road Logic is known. As an homage to the rich history of Ritchey and its lineage of iconic bikes, the 50th Anniversary Edition frame is wrapped in a stunning Pacific Azul paint scheme and features logos that reference the company's history and the influence Palo Alto, California has had on Tom.
Old 05-13-2022, 10:35 AM
Rockstruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark McM View Post

Quote:
... features logos that reference the company's history and the influence Palo Alto, California has had on Tom.

:
That's a cool part of Silicon Valley history I am learning.
Old 05-14-2022, 12:29 PM
Meh

These are now completely out of stock, so it seems there is still a market for this “disappointing” production bike!
Old 05-14-2022, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli Bingham View Post
These are now completely out of stock, so it seems there is still a market for this “disappointing” production bike!
I wonder if they'll eventually do a normal production run so lots more than 150 people can buy 'em...maybe skyline blue again? or what about this blue with regular decals?

I'd think they could've done a metal head tube badge, screwed in, or glued, for the anniversary bike, give it a bit more pizzazz...

whatever, happy anniversary to tom, to the company...
Old 05-18-2022, 07:41 AM

Slightly off-topic but...

Some interesting ideas that still popping up today various places.

https://www.gravelcyclist.com/videos...t-for-his-dad/
Old 05-18-2022, 11:47 AM
Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSL View Post
Slightly off-topic but...

Some interesting ideas that still popping up today various places.

https://www.gravelcyclist.com/videos...t-for-his-dad/
I really want to see the rear brake routing better. The cable seems to just disappear into the top tube around the seat post lug?...odd.

And the fork blakes look to be open at the crown.