Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2022, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosttx View Post
She was living in Mill Valley. And was a part of the cycling community here. I met her once about a month ago she was incredibly friendly and inspiring as everyone who knew her well would say. This is so tragic.

We gave her a tribute last Sunday.

I was in town and I was on the sidewalk as she rolled past after winning sea otter only three days before hand.

Touching tribute on the fence, sir.
Old 05-17-2022, 11:07 PM

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/aust...f-gravel-racer
Old 05-17-2022, 11:14 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchris1 View Post
So who lived in the S Austin home?
Old 05-17-2022, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
So who lived in the S Austin home?
That is the question of the moment. Lots of rumors circulating here. All are unfortunate but nothing compared to the loss of life.
Old 05-17-2022, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchris1 View Post
That is the question of the moment. Lots of rumors circulating here. All are unfortunate but nothing compared to the loss of life.

Circulating “here” = in Austin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2022, 12:14 AM
Boeuf Chaîne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Circulating “here” = in Austin?
Presumably. Certainly not on this forum.
Old 05-18-2022, 07:11 PM

2022-05-18 update: https://www.velonews.com/news/gravel...moriah-wilson/
Old 05-18-2022, 07:39 PM

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2022-05-18 203750.jpg (18.2 KB, 507 views)
Old 05-19-2022, 12:46 PM

Just tragic.
Old 05-19-2022, 09:50 PM

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/05/...-native-texas/
Old 05-19-2022, 09:53 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc1934 View Post
My Google search (as I was looking for updates on the story) found that earlier today, but I couldn't get past the paywall.
Old 05-19-2022, 10:03 PM

Quote:
My Google search (as I was looking for updates on the story) found that earlier today, but I couldn't get past the paywall.
The affidavit said the friend told investigators she had picked up Wilson, a Vermont native, from the airport May 10, and that Wilson was in town to compete in a race May 14 in the Dallas area.

The friend, the affidavit said, indicated she left her apartment around 5:30 p.m. on May 11 and later received a text from Wilson who said she was meeting a male friend for a swim. The report names the male friend, but the Globe is withholding his name because he hasn’t been charged with a crime.

Wilson’s female friend told police she returned to her apartment shortly before 10 that night and saw Wilson lying on the bathroom floor “covered in blood,” said the affidavit. Wilson had apparently accessed the key code to enter her friend’s apartment at 5:55 p.m., the affidavit said.

The code was accessed again at 8:36 p.m., the filing said. A neighbor’s surveillance footage showed an SUV pulling up to the Maple Avenue apartment at that time, and the vehicle resembled an SUV registered to a woman who lives with the male cyclist, according to the affidavit.

Police learned that the woman owns a property in Austin on Manchester Circle, the affidavit said, and they obtained a warrant to search that residence the day after the murder, with legal filings indicating they were seeking possible firearm, blood, and trace evidence connected to the slaying.

It wasn’t immediately clear what, if anything, police seized from the Manchester Circle property.

The affidavit said Wilson was shot multiple times with a 9mm handgun. The male cyclist, in an interview with police the day after the murder, said he and the woman he lives with both own 9mm guns, according to the affidavit.

The male cyclist, the affidavit said, told police he and the woman he lives with had purchased their handguns at McBride’s gun store in Austin. He stated that he usually keeps the gun inside a case in the residence and has never shot it. He said he has two different types of ammunition, which he described as practice ammunition and ‘kill’ ammunition.”

The male cyclist told police he went swimming with Wilson at a city pool before dropping her off at her friend’s residence around 8:30 p.m. on May 11.

Attempts to reach the male cyclist and the woman he lives with for comment weren’t successful Thursday.

Wilson was an accomplished collegiate skier who grew up mountain biking near her East Burke, Vt., home. She had won several off-road cycling events this year and arrived in Texas as a favorite in her next race.

Her death came just a few days before Gravel Locos, a 150-mile race in Hico, Texas.

Wilson’s parents, Eric and Karen, said in a recent statement posted to the Facebook page of the middle school their daughter attended that she was always “pushing tirelessly to reach her goals, we knew she was pursuing that which she loved. We will miss her terribly and know that all mourn her with us.”

A number of Wilson’s friends and competitors in the close-knit cycling community have taken to social media in recent days to offer tributes, including former cycling teammate Alison M. Tetrick.

“All of the moments and times and pedaling spent together were cherished then and treasured now and forever,” Tetrick posted to Instagram on Monday. “The world seems so much smaller without you, @mo__wilson. Nothing seems as important as just being able to see you and witness all of your gracious and kind power. To know you are thriving in all you wanted to do.”

Tetrick said Wilson possessed thoughtfulness and warmth.

“You were and are pure magical magnetic strength and humility,” Tetrick wrote. “I have never met someone that tackled every course and task with such pure, peaceful joy, and tenacity. ... We became @iamspecialized teammates, colleagues, friends, and committed bike family. Your life was just getting started and it was bigger than this world deserved. I am devastated and 💔. I pray for your family and all of us who loved you and were inspired by you.”

Tetrick also shared some of the final words she had exchanged with Wilson.

“Some of the last words we had just a little bit ago was similar to what I said when I first met you. ‘You are stronger than you know. Own it. I am so goddamn proud of you. And I love you,’” Tetrick wrote. “You told me to keep being me and you loved me.”

Wilson’s slaying, Tetrick continued, was a “senseless” tragedy.

“Maybe the world couldn’t harness everything you were supposed to be,” wrote Tetrick. “I am angry and lost. But I will try my best to keep being me for YOU. I love you, Mo. I always will. In my ❤️, we are still sitting on this curb or pedaling along with laughter as you charge up the hills and keep discovering more strength than ever thought possible and spreading your light and joy to all. Charge on my dear friend. We love you. You are our family. May we carry your ⭐️ with us forever. It will not be the same without you.”
Old 05-19-2022, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Vermont native slain in Texas had plans for a swim in the hours before she was slain, court documents say
By Travis Andersen Globe Staff,Updated May 19, 2022, 1:19 p.m.

Anna Moriah Wilson was a varsity skier at Dartmouth College.
Anna Moriah Wilson was a varsity skier at Dartmouth College.DARTMOUTH COLLEGE ATHLETICS
Anna Moriah Wilson, the 25-year-old Dartmouth graduate and professional gravel cyclist slain last week in Austin, Texas, days before a race, told a friend hours before her death that she was going for a swim with a male cyclist, according to legal filings that detailed Wilson’s final hours.

The information was contained in a police affidavit and warrant filed in Austin Municipal Court in connection with the case. No arrests have been made. Wilson was shot multiple times inside a friend’s apartment on Maple Avenue in Austin on the night of May 11, police have said.

Authorities have said the shooting did not appear to be random and that detectives have identified a person of interest.

Advertisement

The affidavit said the friend told investigators she had picked up Wilson, a Vermont native, from the airport May 10, and that Wilson was in town to compete in a race May 14 in the Dallas area.

The friend, the affidavit said, indicated she left her apartment around 5:30 p.m. on May 11 and later received a text from Wilson who said she was meeting a male friend for a swim. The report names the male friend, but the Globe is withholding his name because he hasn’t been charged with a crime.

Wilson’s female friend told police she returned to her apartment shortly before 10 that night and saw Wilson lying on the bathroom floor “covered in blood,” said the affidavit. Wilson had apparently accessed the key code to enter her friend’s apartment at 5:55 p.m., the affidavit said.

The code was accessed again at 8:36 p.m., the filing said. A neighbor’s surveillance footage showed an SUV pulling up to the Maple Avenue apartment at that time, and the vehicle resembled an SUV registered to a woman who lives with the male cyclist, according to the affidavit.

Advertisement

Police learned that the woman owns a property in Austin on Manchester Circle, the affidavit said, and they obtained a warrant to search that residence the day after the murder, with legal filings indicating they were seeking possible firearm, blood, and trace evidence connected to the slaying.

It wasn’t immediately clear what, if anything, police seized from the Manchester Circle property.

The affidavit said Wilson was shot multiple times with a 9mm handgun. The male cyclist, in an interview with police the day after the murder, said he and the woman he lives with both own 9mm guns, according to the affidavit.

The male cyclist, the affidavit said, told police he and the woman he lives with had purchased their handguns at McBride’s gun store in Austin. He stated that he usually keeps the gun inside a case in the residence and has never shot it. He said he has two different types of ammunition, which he described as practice ammunition and ‘kill’ ammunition.”

The male cyclist told police he went swimming with Wilson at a city pool before dropping her off at her friend’s residence around 8:30 p.m. on May 11.

Attempts to reach the male cyclist and the woman he lives with for comment weren’t successful Thursday.

Wilson was an accomplished collegiate skier who grew up mountain biking near her East Burke, Vt., home. She had won several off-road cycling events this year and arrived in Texas as a favorite in her next race.

Advertisement

Her death came just a few days before Gravel Locos, a 150-mile race in Hico, Texas.

Wilson’s parents, Eric and Karen, said in a recent statement posted to the Facebook page of the middle school their daughter attended that she was always “pushing tirelessly to reach her goals, we knew she was pursuing that which she loved. We will miss her terribly and know that all mourn her with us.”

A number of Wilson’s friends and competitors in the close-knit cycling community have taken to social media in recent days to offer tributes, including former cycling teammate Alison M. Tetrick.

“All of the moments and times and pedaling spent together were cherished then and treasured now and forever,” Tetrick posted to Instagram on Monday. “The world seems so much smaller without you, @mo__wilson. Nothing seems as important as just being able to see you and witness all of your gracious and kind power. To know you are thriving in all you wanted to do.”

Tetrick said Wilson possessed thoughtfulness and warmth.

“You were and are pure magical magnetic strength and humility,” Tetrick wrote. “I have never met someone that tackled every course and task with such pure, peaceful joy, and tenacity. ... We became @iamspecialized teammates, colleagues, friends, and committed bike family. Your life was just getting started and it was bigger than this world deserved. I am devastated and 💔. I pray for your family and all of us who loved you and were inspired by you.”

Advertisement

Tetrick also shared some of the final words she had exchanged with Wilson.

“Some of the last words we had just a little bit ago was similar to what I said when I first met you. ‘You are stronger than you know. Own it. I am so goddamn proud of you. And I love you,’” Tetrick wrote. “You told me to keep being me and you loved me.”

Wilson’s slaying, Tetrick continued, was a “senseless” tragedy.

“Maybe the world couldn’t harness everything you were supposed to be,” wrote Tetrick. “I am angry and lost. But I will try my best to keep being me for YOU. I love you, Mo. I always will. In my ❤️, we are still sitting on this curb or pedaling along with laughter as you charge up the hills and keep discovering more strength than ever thought possible and spreading your light and joy to all. Charge on my dear friend. We love you. You are our family. May we carry your ⭐️ with us forever. It will not be the same without you.”

Material from prior Globe stories was used in this report.
Old 05-19-2022, 10:15 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

Thanks guys.

Edit: Based on that story it sounds to me like a "crime of passion."

Shouldn't take them too much longer to figure out exactly who did it.

Last edited by Louis; 05-19-2022 at 10:20 PM.
Old 05-19-2022, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Thanks guys.

Edit: Based on that story it sounds to me like a "crime of passion."

Shouldn't take them too much longer to figure out exactly who did it.
It sounds to me like premeditated first-degree murder perpetrated by someone who should not have been allowed to own a gun or purchase ammo in a state that makes it all too easy to do both.

A "crime of passion" implies responsibility on the part of the victim and excuses the perpetrator. I hope you don't believe that applies here. And I hope you consider editing your post again.

Last edited by Clean39T; 05-19-2022 at 10:40 PM.
Closed Thread