Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-17-2022, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_sasso View Post
Speaking of history, maybe you have forgotten Enve has had a long history of failures, recalls and incompatibilities. Keep eating up their marketing tales, and giving them money, if you are happy with their junk.
lol. I crashed my bike a month ago and completely destroyed both front and rear AR 4.5s on impact. 100% rider error JRA into an apparently massive hole in the road. I had brand new wheels from enve in 3 weeks no questions asked. They included extra valve stems, tape, etc. Just phenomenal service.

They've had their missteps sure like every company. But I don't think I've experienced customer service in this industry at their level.

Anyhow. I digress.
Old 05-17-2022, 07:48 PM

I researched some after the comment to satisfy my own concerns and found 600 forks in 2016 recalled and some broken rims here and there but not to the scale suggested in this thread.
Old 05-17-2022, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likes2ridefar View Post
I have the Zipp as well and it won’t come off the bike unless something special takes it’s place. My favorite bar of many over the years. They nailed it with the shape and fit with my sram levers for riding gravel road and trails.
Agree. The photo of the Roval from above makes it look as though it has no flare.
Old 11-11-2023, 05:18 AM

Anyone tried the Roval Terra handlebars and care to share your experience?
Old 11-11-2023, 07:07 AM

They come on the new Crux Pro. I have been really (unexpectedly) unexpectedly happy with them. Recenlty used some Zipp SL80, FSA K-Force shallow, Enve and 3T ergonova. The flare doesn't feel that wide when riding - so it doesn't handle like a truck or alter the feeling of a good road bar. The hooks are quite nicely shaped and I find myself moving throughout the bar comfortably.
Old 11-11-2023, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttley View Post
I highly recommend you take a look at the FSA AGX bar with a similar specs including the 12 degree flare. I run them on both my Cervelo Aspero (I think of this as my "road" bike) and my Giant Revolt gravel bike. It's a really comfortable bar with unique "sculpted" contact points that are a game changer for me.

https://www.fsaproshop.com/products/...rbon-handlebar
Agreed. I have two sets of these bars for upcoming builds on my Prestige and Litespeed Watia. I am intrigued by the angling of the upper bar that should open up my shoulders a bit, versus most other bars that tend to close them.

Maybe a bit less aero, but on gravel I don't care.

The old MSFT ergonomic keyboard did the same thing and that was a game changer too...
Hot Tubes
LiteSpeed
SpeshFatboy
Old 11-11-2023, 08:54 AM

I recently used an fsa road model similar to the agx and now want to try it. The shape was really nice in the dip transitioning to the hood.