Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-02-2023, 10:47 AM
Retired!

How to Change Your Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishrabbi View Post

So many people in this thread have been brainwashed by American drug policy, and especially the "War on Drugs."

That cannabis is a schedule 1 narcotic is absurd.
I agree.

I have a headache condition called cluster headache. These headaches come in clusters of several per day and typically persist for about 4-5 weeks before abating and not returning for 1-3 years. They're said to be the worst pain a person can experience; even worse than childbirth and severing a limb. If you've ever had an ice cream headache with excruciating pain behind one eye, you have a good idea of the pain I'm referring to—except it doesn't go away after 20 seconds. The pain can last hours. Treatment for these headaches consists of high doses of prednisone (I would oftentimes take 70mg daily for multiple weeks), Sumatriptan, and high amounts of O2. They're helpful but there are still breakthrough headaches.

Imagine my surprise when I poked my head into the Cluster Headache Facebook group after having been away for a while only to find that the preferred therapy for many today is psilocybin, the psychedelic ingredient found in some varieties of mushrooms. People are having fantastic results from this therapy.

I'm sorry to hijack this thread to the degree I have but I'm quite annoyed that our government shut down all research on the benefits of cannabis and psychedelics 50 years ago for political reasons, abandoning some promising research that was being done in many areas of benefit to people's health.

I was diagnosed one year ago with osteoporosis due in large measure to my extensive use of prednisone to battle headaches that likely could've been resolved with much more success and with much less harm to my body through the use of psilocybin.

If you're one who bought into the government's 'war on drugs', please take some time to educate yourself on what that was really all about. You can begin to inform yourself with the Netflix documentary How to Change Your Mind.

I'll be moving forward with the use of psilocybin the next time I'm confronted with my headaches.

Kevin g

Last edited by onekgguy; 03-02-2023 at 10:50 AM.
Old 03-02-2023, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onekgguy View Post
I'm sorry to hijack this thread to the degree I have but I'm quite annoyed that our government shut down all research on the benefits of cannabis and psychedelics 50 years ago for political reasons, abandoning some promising research that was being done in many areas of benefit to people's health.
Keep in mind that when Prohibition was lifted, it was only for alcohol, at the behest of the distillers/brewers of the time. Since then, Americans have been bombarded with Reefer Madness propaganda and scare tactics, and (unsurprisingly) it has worked perfectly. Those who lack the experience or insight of substances other than alcohol are quick the first to throw out the regurgitated, uneducated talking points that they've been fed all this time.

And what makes cannabis use any different than any other substance? People chew cocoa leaves all day in places like Columbia, Bolivia and Peru, Americans drink coffee all day like it's water, the French sure love their cigarettes, and plenty of people drink alcohol all day "because it's legal". Heck, the IPA bro culture is rampant among a certain percentage of the bicycling community, especially after a "hard day in the saddle". And people have issue with weed? When it comes down to it, having a weed "habit" (however you define it) is exponentially less harmful to your health than a beer "habit", opioid "habit", or typical American diet processed food "habit". And not every weed smoker (or consumer, depending on your administration method) is the stereotypical "loser stoner", either. If you don't think the successful people around you are weed consumers, they have decided to not let you in on their little secret.
Old 03-02-2023, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onekgguy View Post
I agree.

I have a headache condition called cluster headache. These headaches come in clusters of several per day and typically persist for about 4-5 weeks before abating and not returning for 1-3 years. They're said to be the worst pain a person can experience; even worse than childbirth and severing a limb. If you've ever had an ice cream headache with excruciating pain behind one eye, you have a good idea of the pain I'm referring to—except it doesn't go away after 20 seconds. The pain can last hours. Treatment for these headaches consists of high doses of prednisone (I would oftentimes take 70mg daily for multiple weeks), Sumatriptan, and high amounts of O2. They're helpful but there are still breakthrough headaches.

Imagine my surprise when I poked my head into the Cluster Headache Facebook group after having been away for a while only to find that the preferred therapy for many today is psilocybin, the psychedelic ingredient found in some varieties of mushrooms. People are having fantastic results from this therapy.

I was diagnosed one year ago with osteoporosis due in large measure to my extensive use of prednisone to battle headaches that likely could've been resolved with much more success and with much less harm to my body through the use of psilocybin.

If you're one who bought into the government's 'war on drugs', please take some time to educate yourself on what that was really all about. You can begin to inform yourself with the Netflix documentary How to Change Your Mind.

I'll be moving forward with the use of psilocybin the next time I'm confronted with my headaches.

Kevin g
I thought I'd heard years ago the LSD was an effective treatment for cluster headaches. I think there was a MAPS-affiliated group that was trying to manufacture brominated LSD (non-psychotropic) for cluster headaches.
Old 03-02-2023, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulspinner View Post
In NY the potency exceeds 25 percent. This is for whole plant so it doesn't necessarily translate to smoking potency. The stronger it is ...
I believe the THCA concentration can exceed 25 percent for dried, manicured buds. If you dilute those buds with additional leaves and stems and roots there is no way the whole plant potency can be anywhere near 25%.
Old 03-02-2023, 12:35 PM
Retired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown Reek View Post
Keep in mind that when Prohibition was lifted, it was only for alcohol, at the behest of the distillers/brewers of the time. Since then, Americans have been bombarded with Reefer Madness propaganda and scare tactics, and (unsurprisingly) it has worked perfectly. Those who lack the experience or insight of substances other than alcohol are quick the first to throw out the regurgitated, uneducated talking points that they've been fed all this time.

And what makes cannabis use any different than any other substance? People chew cocoa leaves all day in places like Columbia, Bolivia and Peru, Americans drink coffee all day like it's water, the French sure love their cigarettes, and plenty of people drink alcohol all day "because it's legal". Heck, the IPA bro culture is rampant among a certain percentage of the bicycling community, especially after a "hard day in the saddle". And people have issue with weed? When it comes down to it, having a weed "habit" (however you define it) is exponentially less harmful to your health than a beer "habit", opioid "habit", or typical American diet processed food "habit". And not every weed smoker (or consumer, depending on your administration method) is the stereotypical "loser stoner", either. If you don't think the successful people around you are weed consumers, they have decided to not let you in on their little secret.
We've clearly been lied to in favor of the alcohol industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
I thought I'd heard years ago the LSD was an effective treatment for cluster headaches. I think there was a MAPS-affiliated group that was trying to manufacture brominated LSD (non-psychotropic) for cluster headaches.
Hopefully, we'll begin to see more studies that shed light on LSD's ability and other psychedelics' ability to help people such as myself. There have been some promising results with the little research that has been done.

Kevin g
Old 03-02-2023, 01:19 PM

I am very pro legalization. Very. I live in SoCal where there's lots of open space. People smoke outside all the time but the smoke disperses pretty fast. I was in New York earlier this month, for the first time since it became legal, and where everything is a bit more cramped and enclosed. Holy ****. It was intoxicating. Like, actually quite horrible. I felt like everywhere I went and everywhere I turned in lower Manhattan was just me walking into a big cloud of smoke. I can't say I enjoyed it...
Old 03-02-2023, 01:43 PM

You go Rick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rick steves.jpg (31.8 KB, 63 views)