Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-19-2018, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unterhausen View Post
Garage door repair and drywall are usually very cheap to hire out. I do both for myself though. If I had linear garage door springs I would have a repairman come in and replace them, but with torsion springs I don't see the issue.

Hmm...I figured it's the other way round. Those linear garage door springs are not under any tension when the door is up. Lock the door in the up position with a couple of pliers, unhook the spring, pull the retaining cable, slide the new spring over the cable and hook up.

I can do a spring in about 6 minutes, including time for opening a beer when the door is back down...
Hot Tubes
LiteSpeed
SpeshFatboy
Old 10-19-2018, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Lignoloc

Hmmm, my future flooring DIY project just took a twist...wooden nails. No nail heads.

William
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beck-nails.jpg.650x0_q70_crop-smart__35832.1514045454.jpg (46.7 KB, 85 views)
Old 10-20-2018, 06:38 AM
Proud Grandpa

I think when I decide to tackle something not 'bike', I gotta decide to do it cuz it's fun and challenging..sense of pride that I was able to do it, good result or just being a cheap screw and trying to save $...If number 2, I hire somebody..life's too short, I gots the $, they'll do a better job anyway.

Damaged dryer vent..into the ceiling..considered trying to dive in myself..decided no..'Paul', did an excellent job, not much $..like I say, life's too short to go broke saving $..'pal'...
Old 10-20-2018, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
I think when I decide to tackle something not 'bike', I gotta decide to do it cuz it's fun and challenging..sense of pride that I was able to do it, good result or just being a cheap screw and trying to save $...If number 2, I hire somebody..life's too short, I gots the $, they'll do a better job anyway.

Damaged dryer vent..into the ceiling..considered trying to dive in myself..decided no..'Paul', did an excellent job, not much $..like I say, life's too short to go broke saving $..'pal'...
Freakin' dryers. PITA. Just a simple removal of the vent unit on mine required a near disembowelment of the thing, and I still wound up not being able to get into where I needed to get.....
Old 10-20-2018, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post

For me it’s usually a little bit of both. Regardless of original reasons I almost always walk away with the sense of pride at being able to it (assuming it was a success). But I do agree with the general sentiment there. Life is too short to take on superfluous commitments.